Certain vehicle insurance companies giving refund...

Alistair D

Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.
Solutions
Reaction score
Got an email from my car insurers Elephant....
"With fewer cars on the roads during the UK lockdown, we’re seeing a reduction in the number of claims coming in. We want to give the money we would’ve used to pay these claims back to our loyal customers in this difficult time.
If your car or van is one of the 4.4 million vehicles insured with us on 20 April 2020, you’ll get an automatic £25 refund per vehicle."
I believe Elephant is part of The Admiral Insurance Group who are giving this refund. Perhaps other companies will follow?

I would hope so but very unlikely, I emailed LV on the subject and got a deffo no.

My wife and I have an Admiral multicar policy, so hopefully we'll get a refund too :smiley:

Reactions: Raiden
Mileage is only one small component of insurance pricing, so the fact that mine has dropped by about 90% temporarily doesn't immediately make me think I deserve a part premium refund. I'm still at risk of an accident when I do drive (especially as some have used the lockdown as an opportunity to drive like total and utter morons sometimes at insane speeds) and I'm still at risk of the car being stolen.

Don't get me wrong; if I'm offered a part refund, I'll be happy, but any notion that's somehow an entitlement is silly and suggests a knee-jerk reaction as a substitute for considered thought.

Reactions: daytonamart and Charlie Farley
Admiral contacted me today, £25 refund for each car, better than nothing I suppose.

Reactions: Bishop187
That about an 8% discount for me so cannot complain + my car is still insured even if it's not in use. So if it get taken off the drive then I still get paid out.

Admiral contacted me today, £25 refund for each car, better than nothing I suppose.

I too got an email from admiral. So that’s £75 for me. Hopefully it’s not credit, I’d rather it be money in the bank . No idea when it’s coming tho

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

Letter came from Admiral today, confirming £25 refund for each car insured will be credited to bank account in the next 14 days

Cheers,
Dave

Just got my renewal quote and they've put it up by £21, so still winning lol. Now to search and start negotiating.

Got my £50 Admiral refund into my credit card account on Monday for a two car policy. Given the policy was only £380 I'm not going to complain.
It would have been fairer to have done it as a % of the premium rather than a flat amount.

Reactions: Bishop187 and Bryant1998