1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Certain vehicle insurance companies giving refund...

Alistair D Apr 21, 2020

1. Alistair D

Alistair D Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.

Got an email from my car insurers Elephant....
    "With fewer cars on the roads during the UK lockdown, we’re seeing a reduction in the number of claims coming in. We want to give the money we would’ve used to pay these claims back to our loyal customers in this difficult time.
    If your car or van is one of the 4.4 million vehicles insured with us on 20 April 2020, you’ll get an automatic £25 refund per vehicle."
    I believe Elephant is part of The Admiral Insurance Group who are giving this refund. Perhaps other companies will follow?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. I'm Just Rob.

I'm Just Rob. Moderating or something, Staff Member Moderator Gold Supporter VCDS Map User

I would hope so but very unlikely, I emailed LV on the subject and got a deffo no.

4. DaveW

DaveW Registered User

My wife and I have an Admiral multicar policy, so hopefully we'll get a refund too :smiley:

Raiden likes this.
  5. joinerman

joinerman Registered User

£25 it's a ****** insult, £100 plus is more like it.

6. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man

Mileage is only one small component of insurance pricing, so the fact that mine has dropped by about 90% temporarily doesn't immediately make me think I deserve a part premium refund. I'm still at risk of an accident when I do drive (especially as some have used the lockdown as an opportunity to drive like total and utter morons sometimes at insane speeds) and I'm still at risk of the car being stolen.

Don't get me wrong; if I'm offered a part refund, I'll be happy, but any notion that's somehow an entitlement is silly and suggests a knee-jerk reaction as a substitute for considered thought.

daytonamart and I'm Just Rob. like this.
  7. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Registered User

Admiral contacted me today, £25 refund for each car, better than nothing I suppose.

Bishop187 likes this.
  8. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

That about an 8% discount for me so cannot complain + my car is still insured even if it's not in use. So if it get taken off the drive then I still get paid out.

9. Bishop187

Bishop187 Registered User

I too got an email from admiral. So that’s £75 for me. Hopefully it’s not credit, I’d rather it be money in the bank . No idea when it’s coming tho

A7 3.0tdi 272 Black Edition Mythos Black Tech pack

10. DaveW

DaveW Registered User

Letter came from Admiral today, confirming £25 refund for each car insured will be credited to bank account in the next 14 days

Cheers,
    Dave

11. Audidi

Audidi Useful idiot

Seems to be a standard.
    I got 30 euros from mine.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Bryant1998

Bryant1998 Registered User

£25 on a £1000 policy is a joke... car hasn’t moved for 2 months

14. Alistair D

Alistair D Hug your kids at home, but belt them in the car.

Just got my renewal quote and they've put it up by £21, so still winning lol. Now to search and start negotiating.

15. Aaron Wiles

Aaron Wiles Registered User

I got the email from Admiral on the 21st April but no sign of the refund yet.

16. jcs356

jcs356 Brum brum

Got my £50 Admiral refund into my credit card account on Monday for a two car policy. Given the policy was only £380 I'm not going to complain.
    It would have been fairer to have done it as a % of the premium rather than a flat amount.

Bishop187 and Bryant1998 like this.