Ceramic coating?

Hi I done my own ceramic coating and found it reasonably easy to apply. Im a gas engineer to trade so by no means a pro in detailing. The preparation is the most important part so i took my time on this stage.
My mate does ceramic coating for a living and he charges from £500 depending on condition of paintwork hence why i done it myself lol

I paid around 750. That was the whole car, paint, glass, wheels etc

Best thing ive done to the car, Even after a quick wash it looks like it would after spending 3hours applying polish.

When driving on the motorway in the rain it just runs of the windscreen, dont even need wipers on lol

I would advise anyone with a nice car to get it done. It looks amazing, easy to maintain, no swirl marks and it protects the paint underneath.

Hi I done my own ceramic coating and found it reasonably easy to apply. Im a gas engineer to trade so by no means a pro in detailing. The preparation is the most important part so i took my time on this stage.
My mate does ceramic coating for a living and he charges from £500 depending on condition of paintwork hence why i done it myself lol
What product did you use?

Best thing ive done to the car, Even after a quick wash it looks like it would after spending 3hours applying polish.

When driving on the motorway in the rain it just runs of the windscreen, dont even need wipers on lol

I would advise anyone with a nice car to get it done. It looks amazing, easy to maintain, no swirl marks and it protects the paint underneath.

it’s a lot I guess but I probably spend 2-3 hours cleaning and applying resin and paint protection layers once a month which is a bit of a pain. It would be nice to make the finish more permanent.

Is it worth ceramic coating? How much should I be paying?

If you care about your car and want it looking as good as it can be then yes it’s worth it.
As for cost, typically you’d want to get the paintwork corrected (remove swirl marks, refine paintwork etc) before applying any ceramic coating as they are a glass coating and can last several years so any imperfections would be locked under the coating (no such thing as a permanent solution).
Depending on the level of correction needed and what grade of ceramic you want, prices can be between £500 - £1000 from a professional detailer.

Machined polished my car summer 2019. Applied cquartz uk 3.0 and this coating now is starting to fade which i expected it would. Very easy to apply and will re do the car again when the weather improves.
Might add car lives outside on a driveway all year round.
The coating is reasonably priced, and dies exactly what it says on the box so will recommend this to anyone

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: randy4
I had ppf on the front/wing mirrors of the car and ceramic coating on the remainder of the car. Agreed its worth doing. However, I would not put a coating on the windscreen, had an absolute nightmare with that, wipers juddering badly - no thanks.

My cost included the ppf and gtechiq exo top of the range ceramic coating - think for the ceramic coating + interior + wheels + new car minor corrections (top gtechniq package with everything) - it cost about £800. Alot of money, but including the ppf they had the car 5 days, so cant complain.

I had ppf on the front/wing mirrors of the car and ceramic coating on the remainder of the car. Agreed its worth doing. However, I would not put a coating on the windscreen, had an absolute nightmare with that, wipers juddering badly - no thanks.

My cost included the ppf and gtechiq exo top of the range ceramic coating - think for the ceramic coating + interior + wheels + new car minor corrections (top gtechniq package with everything) - it cost about £800. Alot of money, but including the ppf they had the car 5 days, so cant complain.

The PPF mixed in is an interesting shout might clear PPF the lights but not sure about anywhere else as I heard it grabs dirt quicker than ceramic?

The PPF mixed in is an interesting shout might clear PPF the lights but not sure about anywhere else as I heard it grabs dirt quicker than ceramic?

You don't to ceramic coat tye ppf part. Bit pointless imo.

I haven't really noticed ppf picking up dirt, but its definitely protected my car with lazy bone idle contractors that insist on putting down loose stones as a temporary surface prior to tarmac. Installed by morons who probably drive a clapped out heap, nissan juke, vauxhall zafira or some other crap car they don't care about.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Oops i didn’t mean layering them up as yes agreed that would be pointless. I meant some parts PPF and some parts ceramic. I kinda thought people go one way or another and not spec some bits to have PPF I guess it makes sense. But probably not side by side i.e. the bonnet PPF and the wings ceramic to save on cost...I imagine in doing this you’d see something odd about them together, almost like a smart respray is visible in certain lights against a factory spray coat.

i have Feynlab's self healing protection, couldn't be happier. has up to 7 year warranty and happy to say after over 3 years it works as advertised. just a few minutes in the sun and tiny scratches and swirl marks disappear like magic. doesn't give you the slick glass like visuals, but shows the original topcoat look. expensive to get it done professionally (at least in my part of the world - approx 1300 GBP for total coverage) but totally worth it and includes 5 year annual check-up and spot re-application if needed

Reactions: randy4

£14 does the same thing... - https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/product/repel-advanced-glass-sealant-and-rain-repellent/

£14 does the same thing... - https://www.autobritedirect.co.uk/product/repel-advanced-glass-sealant-and-rain-repellent/

For £11 you can get gtechniq g1 g2 set coating. This bottle will do 2 if not 3 cars and lasts around 12-18months. Been using it for a few years now and highly recommended it

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk