Ceramic Coating?

Dan_G

Reaction score
Hello all,

I currently have a Navarra Blue car and whilst less than a year old and only washed occasionally, its has a lot of swirl marks on it. This has been way worse than my Estoril S3 - so much so that i feel there is an issue with the clear coat, but that's another story.

I'd like to avoid this on the new car and, as such, am looking to have the new vehicle ceramic coated - I have heard many people talk about how good this treatment is and how it stops a lot of swirling.

In the experience of forum members, is this true?

Thanks!

Hello all,

I currently have a Navarra Blue car and whilst less than a year old and only washed occasionally, its has a lot of swirl marks on it. This has been way worse than my Estoril S3 - so much so that i feel there is an issue with the clear coat, but that's another story.

I'd like to avoid this on the new car and, as such, am looking to have the new vehicle ceramic coated - I have heard many people talk about how good this treatment is and how it stops a lot of swirling.

In the experience of forum members, is this true?

Thanks!

I have Navarra Blue on my new Q5 and have had ceramic coated and detailed. Whilst it really helps easy cleaning and protection against swirls a proper wash technique is still vital as the coatings themselves can swirl if treated incorrectly.

I had mine done in Max Protect UNC-R elite and since has been predominately swirl free. I use two wash bucket method with grit guards and washboard with a carpro merino wool mitt with a top down wash. I also snowfoam it first to remove all the loose dirt and grime so the two bucket wash is really just a top up. I dry with a large thick gsm MF towel

I can let you have my detailers details if you wish. He can correct the current paint and ceramic coat it / do a new car detail on your new and is mobile.

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Chris, im not going to bother with correcting the current vehicle with the new one inbound. But coating the new one is definitely of interest.

Where is your guy?

I am in SW London.

I use snow foam and two buckets and am really careful...

Thanks Chris, im not going to bother with correcting the current vehicle with the new one inbound. But coating the new one is definitely of interest.

Where is your guy?

I am in SW London.

I use snow foam and two buckets and am really careful...

Here's my Q over 2months after the coating with a fortnightly wash

3cfe76865f5392519a607b660eb84a2c.jpg

He is based in Basingstoke but travelled to me in Essex without an issue.

http://www.fmdetailing.co.uk/
https://www.facebook.com/Fmdetailing/

Name is Fran Mahoney (say I recommended)

looking very good indeed - I am pleased with my colour choice:sunglasses:

I'm not that far from the M3 and therefore Basingstoke...

How long did it take to do and how much did it cost?

Thanks!

looking very good indeed - I am pleased with my colour choice:sunglasses:

I'm not that far from the M3 and therefore Basingstoke...

How long did it take to do and how much did it cost?

Thanks!

It took the full day for the new car detail with coatings and mine was £400 - take a look at his Facebook page as he puts all his work on there. The new car detail coats all internal and external surfaces as well as the paintwork.

Seems like a reasonable amount to me. I'll give him a bell to discuss options for when the car arrives...

Thanks!

Dan

No worries. He did a cracking job and really helpful with all my questions. What car you got?