Ceramic coating wheels and balancing weights

forty3

Reaction score
I've got some new wheels arriving next week and plan on coating them with carbon Collective platinum.

Has anybody had issues with getting wheel balancing weights to stick after wheels have been coated.

Google throws up mixed opinions but I'm hoping to hear from people that have actually coated wheels prior to balancing.

Cheers

I've got some new wheels arriving next week and plan on coating them with carbon Collective platinum.

Has anybody had issues with getting wheel balancing weights to stick after wheels have been coated.

Google throws up mixed opinions but I'm hoping to hear from people that have actually coated wheels prior to balancing.

Cheers
Ceramic coating alloy wheels definitely Snake oli don't bother

Ceramic coating alloy wheels definitely Snake oli don't bother

I beg to differ. Less junk sticks to my Pretoria wheels since coating them. And they are a bit easier to clean now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan

Cheers

Have done a few sets of wheels before balancing. No Issues with weights sticking or staying on . But not used carbon collective, only GTechniq C5 or Gyeon Rim.

Reactions: forty3
No issues here and used CC Platinum Wheels. Works very well and continues to perform well 18 months later.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: forty3
I’ve used Gyeon Q2 rim , definitely easier to keep clean .

All you guys must be heavy on the anchors thats all I can say besides no coating stops the rear wheels getting covered in road salt

d16f33a8dd18168a5a1c60a77d7c380c.jpg

I use the AF stuff. Not as good as others on the market but easy to use.

I’m cleaning a classic mini today and you can see the foam is struggling to stick too the wheels and I applied this back in Aug and it’s doing the job still. Yes road salt still sticks to my wheels but not a lot. Coating wheels makes cleaning easier

Reactions: DW81
33b52aa70fb47997eb602feffda3dedf.jpg

Water beads not bad either

Reactions: DW81 and Jassyo06
33b52aa70fb47997eb602feffda3dedf.jpg

Water beads not bad either

I can get similar results with for instance Gyeon wet coat...but each to their own as they say....i wont be applying a ceramic coating to my new cars alloys its not worth the time and effort just my opinion....tell you what l am going to apply though is a Ceramic coating to parts of my car that will be covered in Xpel

Reactions: RS3 S. and Raiden
Nothing wrong and a lot RIGHT with TJ's Quick Detailer:

Pro cut SQ5 brake disc

P1040618

Reactions: Jassyo06
Always coat my wheels, washing is just a much more nicer experience.
Yesterday I used gtechniq CSL as I had run out of carbon collective coating.

No issues here and used CC Platinum Wheels. Works very well and continues to perform well 18 months later.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Any idea how long they need to be left after coating before having tyres fitted?

Looked on the CC website but no answer.

Any idea how long they need to be left after coating before having tyres fitted?

Looked on the CC website but no answer.
If your tyres are due for an imminent change I would do this first then wash and coat the wheels, as all that tyre lube that is sometimes plastered over the wheels will have to be cleaned off.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk