Centre Armrest

With all respect mate, I wouldnt bother, the oem is actually bolted to the car chassis as such via aluminium supports, if you were to screw it to the center console, it may end up cracking the plastics through weight & movement, I suggest using the original part.

I can get you new one if interested, PM me.

Definitely OEM or not at all for armrests. Aftermarket ones look a bit suspect and as mentioned you need it bolted to the chassis really. OEM cant be that hard to locate if you look around a bit!

yeh just keep looking got my leather one off the bay for £50!!

Cheers guys. Would any other VAG armrests fit or does it have to specifically be for the A3?

how hard are these to fit? (OEM ones) could some amateur do it or would you need to take it to a garage.

The arm oem arm rest is very easy to fit. Pop out the rear ash tray, cut a hole in the centre console, bolt the arm rest in, and pop the ash tray back in.. Do a search here or Google there are fitting guides and templates out there.

Reactions: M88UES
I found a can of monster fits just perfectly inside the armrest. I may do a little mod and line it with insulation to make an in car drinks cooler. haha B)

mine squeaks all the time, whats the fix for that?? :uhm:

where do apply the wd40? do it not stain anything? cheers cloughy

If fitting with the oem system, its not that straight forward as you have to use a specific rivet nut that helps to hold it in very well.

If fitting with the oem system, its not that straight forward as you have to use a specific rivet nut that helps to hold it in very well.

Yep I used a penny washer and a stiff nut. Not true oem but it worked great.

how much am i looking at for a Leather armrest OEM and fitting??
got a sline 170

Got my one from eBay which was from a slavaged A3 and its in good condition for £69.95 and fitted these in which taken me about 30 min to do. As had to cut the hole for it to go in in my A3 2007 model sportback and then I had to buy the Bolt from the local DIY store for about 50p.