Centre Arm Reat Stuck Up

Pat

Reaction score
I pulled in the garage tonight and lifted up the arm rest on my S3.. Only thing is now its stuck up and won`t go back down... Any ideas on how to solve this..

Same thing happened to mine last week, can't fix it in place so I'm going to take the whole arm rest off and try to fix it out of the car. To take it off you take the rear ashtray out and there are fixings underside of the armrest. They are allen key bolts and I've had to tighten them previously when the rest became loose. Be prepared, they are a right b@stard to get at, you need the hands of a 1 year old, three wrists and two elbows..........

yeah i have the same problem. the guy i bought my car from told me it happens but i gave someone a shot of my car and i was too slow telling them not to lift it up :(

would also greatly appreciate any assistance on how to fix this problem.

What happens if you push all the way up, then try down again.

Mine isall th way up... Just won`t go down again...

If you lift the top cover up, there are four small screws (T9 driver), that takes the button off, you can then manually press the clips and bring it down. The plastic on the button will have broken - £18 from Audi - or you can put a metal bar in, I have a PDF somewhere if anyone wants it?

Russ, I remember seeing some 'home mods' for the arms rest to stop it playing silly buggers. Don't know what the best way to send that PDF you wrote about but I'd like to see it, thanks for your help.

I know this might sound stupid but its best to make sure and it could save you alot of time.

If you push the armrest all the way up it will lock. The way to unlock it is to press the big button on the front and then you can push it down again.