Central Switches A3 8V coding help

martinlop

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Dear all, good afternoon,
just bought a new central switches dash panel (the one with: drive select/star-stop/Parking aid/garage/emerg lights/nothing/esp/screen hide/passenger airbag off)
and used to have before the one with:
(nothing/start-stop/nothing/nothing/emergy light/nothing/esp/screen hide/nothing)

after removal, installation back in, having after an auto-scan following errors, impossible to be erased:

9442816 - Front Passenger's Airbag Disabled Indicator Lamp
B1016 00 [137] - -
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 4328 km
Date: 2017.06.04
Time: 17:13:58

10487296 - Control Module Does Not Match Vehicle
B2006 00 [137] - -
MIL ON - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 1
Fault Frequency: 1
Mileage: 4328 km
Date: 2017.06.04
Time: 17:13:58

any hint? help? I guess need to indicate the new module is installed, but dont know exactly where.
thanks in advance!

CqmBwZuF9f09BsODC1dcig
this is similar to the former one...

I'd be inclined to check the pin outs on both switch units to see if they match - sounds like the air bag may have different pin assignments.

Reactions: Sandra
Thnks Rob for the hint!.
I guess this could be the issue, the only thing that makes me wonder, is that in the former one
8V0925301CD, there is no button/signal for the LED in the main switch, and in the new one it does (like the picture attached).

This is actually not a button I think its just a signal lamp.

8V0925301 New

Reactions: Rob2k68
does anyone have the internal pinouts of both of them?
the former one was:
8V0925301CD

Thnks Rob for the hint!.
I guess this could be the issue, the only thing that makes me wonder, is that in the former one
8V0925301CD, there is no button/signal for the LED in the main switch, and in the new one it does (like the picture attached).

This is actually not a button I think its just a signal lamp.

View attachment 127597

Yes that's just a light the key switch is in the glovebox - do you have this light already somewhere else and are effectively adding a second one ?

To prove this potential pin issue out does the fault code reset with the original switches in place ?

Reactions: martinlop
will try your suggestions and let you know as soon as I have the chance. thanks for the follow up Rob! (and please excuse my english!)

To prove this potential pin issue out does the fault code reset with the original switches in place ?
just put back the original one, auto-scaned it, clear the codes... no message whatsoever!. Faults were reseted indeed.
Tomorrow if possible, will try to put back the new one, and switch off the glovebox switch (if I find it) in order to see how it reacts.
Havent seen any other light anywhere else, should I say...

Ok. there´s no key switch for the passenger´s airbag.
Now Im clueless... I guess, its the kind of cars that comes without it. Therefore, what about to anulate this light? e.g. cutting the pin that goes to this light, and to have it permanently de-activated. (as I have no switch in order to disconnect it, makes no sense to have a signal light)

according to:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/au...control-bilstein-ride-control-module-2885806/

On the plug on the back, there are two rows...
If you look at the switch from the back the two rows have 10 pins.

From right to left the pins on the TOP are as follows:
1) Ground, 2) LED light for switch #2, 3) LED light for Switch #3 4) LED light for switch #4 5-10 are existing wires.

From right to left the pins on the BOTTOM are as follows:
1) Monetary switch control for Drive Select button, 2) Switch control for button #2 (auto start) 3) switch control for button #3 (Parking Sensors) 4) Switch control for button #4 (Parallel Parking Assist), 5-10 existing wires.

I will probably need to cut (annulate) some pin of the 2d row the Led Signal, problem is doesnt specify the one for the "passengers airbag off" signal.

finally was a lot easier than though.

As my car came from factory with no key switch inside the glovebox (the one to turn the passenger side airbag off),
just removed (pull-out) the installed pin 8 from the T20 connector.

Put then everything back together, key on, ignition on, bam! no error signal on the screen.

I will need to scan it anyway, but I guess it was the led diode present between the pin 8 and the ground in the new switch (so called K145), which was being seen by the installed airbag module, thus it was complaining as it was not expecting a led there (draining current from its pin T90/4)

Elegant way, would be: activate/deactivate the setting thru VCDS, but with a baby of 8 months, have not much time to dig every single option to sort it out, and there is not much literature related to the airbag modules available (aparently nobody plays around with safety modules!)

thanks!