Central locking system "Keyless-Go"

WesT-gefül

Reaction score
This is a option on my 2016 2.0 tdi ultra Sport 190ps. I can’t enter the car keyless. I have to push the button on the remote. I can see on the handle, a indentation but it doesn’t allow keyless entry. Is this correct? Why make it keyless start but not entry.

There is also - Start-stop system with regenerative braking. Just out of interest how does this actually regenerate?

Keyless is an option but door handle I guess is the same on all cars regardless. You might have it though just switched off on MMI, worth checking.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: T-800 and WesT-gefül
This is a option on my 2016 2.0 tdi ultra Sport 190ps. I can’t enter the car keyless. I have to push the button on the remote. I can see on the handle, a indentation but it doesn’t allow keyless entry. Is this correct? Why make it keyless start but not entry.

There is also - Start-stop system with regenerative braking. Just out of interest how does this actually regenerate?

The indent on the handle is usually for locking the car
There’s another one on the inside of the handle that your fingers cover when you go to open it.

As TX says check it’s enabled in the mmi as I believe newer Audi’s have this option to disable it.

There also used to be 2 options I believe of full keyless or just keyless start.

The indent on the handle is usually for locking the car
There’s another one on the inside of the handle that your fingers cover when you go to open it.

As TX says check it’s enabled in the mmi as I believe newer Audi’s have this option to disable it.

There also used to be 2 options I believe of full keyless or just keyless start.

So the indent is for locking only? The underneath of the handle is for opening it? (As you pull the handle)

I’ll have a look in MMI

So the indent is for locking only? The underneath of the handle is for opening it? (As you pull the handle)

I’ll have a look in MMI

You may only have the Keyless start.........

But if you bought the car new you would know the options on it ?

I turned off auto unlock as it's a security risk imho so yours could easily have been changed by previous owner.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

It might be worth checking the battery in the remote also. My keyless entry is the first thing to stop when the battery is running low.

Got it at 2yrs old. New to VAG group, so learning tips.
Check in the boot for the options sticker, that'll tell you the codes for each option. Still I can't believe anyone buying a car that doesn't know what they're getting.
http://prsearch.planetvag.com/
Stitok

All A4's have a push button start - aka keyless go. Keyless entry was a cost option so more likely than not that the car doesn't have it.

Advanced or convenience key are Audi's label's depending on the model but even they mix them up. With the keyless entry on the A4 saloon you also have hands free opening with the boot by kicking your foot under the bumber left of centre. I find it works quite well when I am carrying IT equipment.
You can have it retro fitted https://www.kufatec.co.uk/shop/en/audi/a4/a4-8w/advanced-key-kessy-audi-a4-8w but its pricey and does involve replacing the interiors to all door handles with ones that have sensors as the covers, as stated previously, are all the same...

Last edited:
Reactions: WesT-gefül