Central locking s4 b8

Reaction score
Are there any common problems with central locking randomly not working!

This morning the passenger front door will not unlock when I press the remote. Can only open from inside. All doors set to unlock.

Is this a common fault?
If not I imagine it's an expensive one to fix if it's electronics!!!

Funnily enough mine started to suffer this. I have to re lock and then unlock again to get it to open. It's an 08 S-Line

the 3 iv had has always done this in the cold

the one I have now hasn't don't it yet

Common fault with door latch. When you run ,vcds autoscan fault Will come up

Btw part cost around 80-90 pounds labour is just as equal. Cus the whole door needs striping down to remove door latch unit.

It could be that part number or 8J2837015C , if it is the part ending with a "C" i have a brand new one for sale. You can check by phoning Audi and giving your car reg, they will tell you the correct part number.

So it's definitely for a b8 s4?

What I would do if I was you is ring Audi with your reg and they will tell you the part number for your car, I made the mistake of ringing them after I found out I'd bought the wrong one, but at least I know now.

What I would do if I was you is ring Audi with your reg and they will tell you the part number for your car, I made the mistake of ringing them after I found out I'd bought the wrong one, but at least I know now.
I'll ring them tomorrow and check.

They can't be too hard as a fella was going to fit front n/s and rear o/s for me for £45 labour. Which I will get him to do when I get the correct parts