Central Locking Problem

Sean_

Reaction score
Lads,

Looking for some advise on this. I think I have a problem with my central locking, sometimes when I go to unlock the car with the fob it just won't open, the little red button flashes on the key so I know it has battery, then when I unlock the car with the key, sometimes you need to manually lock it and other times it will lock with the fob. It's very strange as it happens only the odd time. Other times it will unlock & lock with the fob.

I don't have access to VCDS so I cannot scan it for faults. I also only have one key so can't try another one. Is there anyway of resetting the central locking or something I should try before bringing it to someone?

Try first only to change battery in fob, led indicator wont indicate level of charge in battery's. Where are you based from? I have VCDS i can scan it for you.

It's strange though as it works around 90% of the time! It's just the odd time that it won't so wouldn't say it could be the battery?

Cheers for that but I wouldn't be anywhere near you, it would be a ferry and at least 6 hours driving as I live in the Republic of Ireland! :tearsofjoy:

Battery's have tendency to recover little bit if you don't use it for a day. Worth to try for few pounds of cost.

You are welcome mate anytime, i gonna wait for you with cold beer :D

Reactions: Sean_