central locking kit problem

daz616

Reaction score
I brought a central locking kit of ebay as my b5 dosent have remote locking,reading through the intructions there are 4 different ways of wiring it to the lock,

1,negative trigger
2,positive trigger
3,pos/neg trigger
4,pneumatic lock

any idea of what the a4 b5 saloons are fitted with even better if anyone has a wiring diagram thanks in advance

cheers

I was always under the impression that they are all pneumatic, powered by a pump.

Whats the link off ebay and ill have a look?

i'v took a few pics of the instuctions im not the best at electrics so want to make sure i dont f£$k it up !! any advice would be great mate

UNIVERSAL REMOTE CENTRAL LOCKING UPGRADE KIT 2010 MODEL on eBay (end time 13-Dec-10 12:10:11 GMT)

wire3.jpg

wire4.jpg

wire2.jpg

wire1.jpg

You want to use negative trigger iirc.

I can look out the diagrams tomorrow for you, you'll need to tell us what exact model/year you have though

I cant really see the photos to be honest, i can imagine from the ebay listing you somehow have to wire it to the horn feed and the indicator feed - which i imagine can be a bit of a nightmare. It might have worked out cheaped and easier just to get a central locking unit from a facelift b5 with remotes.

Either way it shouldnt be hard to wire in. What are the instructions like? I quite fancy remote central locking but dont fancy splicing the a4s loom to do it..

From looking at another universal kit you would have to get some scotchloks to make life easier and splice into the wires going into the remote central locking control unit. You would then have to run two longer wires if you want to splice into the indicators.

You would have to work out which wire is which at the plug on the central locking control unit first though, ie + feed, ground, open and close command.

i was just going to leave the indicator and horn out only really want the central locking

sorry about this i totally forgot about it.

Indicators you can just pickup at the rear light clusters. I didnt bother with a horn connection.

From what i can tell, you want grey/white wire on "A/3" to unlock, and brown/grey wire on "A/4" to lock.

Negative trigger.

Are the above wires accessible at the central locking module? Im also tempted to get one of these kits.