Central locking issue?

mjcourtney

Reaction score
Locked my car as normal today after a 90 minute drive. Noticed the indicators didn't flash to confirm it had locked. All the doors and boot were shut but it wouldn't flash the lights. After a bit of hunting discovered that neither of the two rear passenger doors were locking!

Opened and closed them both, and tried again - still no joy. In the end had to restart the car and switch it off again before they finally locked.

Really bizarre, and would appear to be a software glitch. Bit concerning that this could be happening frequently and I'm just not noticing.

Will drop it into Audi and ask them to investigate but wondered if anyone else had any issues with this? (I have also noticed it often doesn't tell me that the doors aren't properly shut when I drive off so I'm wondering whether it's a sensor issue instead).

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I have had the issue with the rear door not indicating it isn't closed fully but not the locking one but then I have keyless locking...

I've had the problem with a rear door not locking happen once. I couldn't lock it in a car park. I used the manual lock in the door jam so I could carry on. That evening I drove in to the dealers to show them. I tested the lock one last time before I walked in to report it and by then it was working again.

My16 B9 Avant - standard locking features (no convenience key)

Reactions: mjcourtney
Locked my car as normal today after a 90 minute drive. Noticed the indicators didn't flash to confirm it had locked. All the doors and boot were shut but it wouldn't flash the lights. After a bit of hunting discovered that neither of the two rear passenger doors were locking!

Opened and closed them both, and tried again - still no joy. In the end had to restart the car and switch it off again before they finally locked.

Really bizarre, and would appear to be a software glitch. Bit concerning that this could be happening frequently and I'm just not noticing.

Will drop it into Audi and ask them to investigate but wondered if anyone else had any issues with this? (I have also noticed it often doesn't tell me that the doors aren't properly shut when I drive off so I'm wondering whether it's a sensor issue instead).

Might be a silly question but are you sure you'd turned the ignition off from the start stop button, I did the same thing a few times with my TTS, the start stop kicks in when you've parked, you get distracted and get out and attempt to lock the car, it gives you no warning other than not locking and no indicator flashes.... Very easy to do.

Reactions: iambu
Not a silly question at all, I've definitely done more stupid things in the past! But no, it was definitely off in this case.

Hasn't repeated the issue since yesterday so I'll see how it goes. It's due a service in a few months time so if it continues to behave I'll mention it to them then and see if there is a software update available.

I sometimes think there is too much software in this car for its own good!

Reactions: R.A.G