central locking issue

s11nny

Reaction score
Hi, have just brought a 2009 a3 3 door, I have noticed there is a weird issue with the locking, when unlocking by remote the passenger door wont open from the outside, I have to open from inside, after opening from the inside it will open from the outside until it has been locked. when unlocking the doors I can hear the central locking motor inside the passenger door, also the fuel cap never locks, so when I lock the doors the fuel cap can still be opened.

you may have an issue with the fuel cap locking mechanism, not the first time i have seen that.
are you sure its not the press the unlock key twice to open all doors feature that you have turned on that is stopping this from working?
I would suggest you get the car scanned with VCDS to check for errors as there may be underlying issues. There are plenty of members here on the site that have VCDS so just check the vcds members map and contact someone close to you for a diagnostic scan.

you may have an issue with the fuel cap locking mechanism, not the first time i have seen that.
are you sure its not the press the unlock key twice to open all doors feature that you have turned on that is stopping this from working?
I would suggest you get the car scanned with VCDS to check for errors as there may be underlying issues. There are plenty of members here on the site that have VCDS so just check the vcds members map and contact someone close to you for a diagnostic scan.

Hi thanks for the reply i have noticed my fuel cap doesnt lock when i lock the car, didnt think both were connected i set tge computer in the car to unlock all doirs