Central locking issue with rear passenger door

randomaudi

Reaction score
Hi all, hoping you can help.

Just come across an issue with my central locking. One of the doors remains locked. The others open fine but the rear passenger door has to be opened from the inside. Once its been opened from the inside it can then be closed and re-opened until they are all locked again.

I'm still an Audi noob so not sure how they usually work or what could be the cause. All the doors have a little red light and no physical/ visible locks.

I thought id try my luck by toggling the setting to only unlock the driver door and switched that off from the mmi screen but that didn't affect it.

Any ideas on what it could be? Tips/ tutorials on opening up the door would also be appreciated. Hopefully its not an expensive fix!

Thanks @skiptowncat ! Hopefully its the same as the op in that thread and can be remedied by checking for any loose connections and cleaning the motor.

Going to try and free up some time this week to investigate further. Will update how I get on :p

Exactly the same problem as me.
Message mjr901 on here (Audi parts)
Just quoted me £92.40 inc VAT for new door lock mechanism. Fit it yourself, really easy to do.
If your not in a rush I'll do a guide when i get mine for you to follow
Mine is a 2008 so part number should be the same 8K0 839 015.

@razza1 hehe thats what I get for not checking all the doors when I purchased it lol

@johnnevett Thanks, I've purchased some pry tools and will be investigating further when I get a chance. I'm 'hoping' its just a clogged up actuator which will work after cleaning although thats possibly wishful thinking!

Cheers, will keep you updated on my progress as well.