Central Locking fault

aphill24

Reaction score
Hi, I have been having problems with my central locking system for the past couple of weeks. The drivers door is not opening when all the other doors are fine. I have to lock the car and open again only that this is getting progressively worse, in that last night I had to repeat this five times before the drivers door would open. This morning it worked first time? I have tried the spare fob and there is no difference to what is happening. I hope this is not going to be an expensive electrical fault so if anyone has any information on rectifying my problem I will gladly take it.

not had to deal with one of the b8 locks but if it works on the same principal as the b7 , then it will be one of the 2 micro switches in the door lock.

not a cheap part . but cant be cheaply fixed is you have any technical skills .

Thanks hollow, do you have any more details for me to go on? I thought I might get a bit more information from the forum but sounds like it's not that common a fault. I am not really good at taking door cards apart so might get some quotes this week.

tis a bit more involved than just taking the door card off , the lock mechanism has to come out , and one of the micro switches has to be replaced , the part is roughly £3 from somewhere like maplin or rs components . but will require a bit of skill to make it fit .

Have the same problem with my 2007 A3 1.9tdi, been going on for about a year just the driver,s door wont open and as you say it has been getting worse so you are not alone with this fault,
Dexy.