Central convenience module and remote locking problems

kanecullen89

Reaction score
Hi,

I've got a 2009 B8 A4. The remote locking has randomly stopped working with both main and spare key. The fobs still start the car perfectly.
I've seen that the ccm is the thing that receives the remote signal etc.

I've scanned with vcds and there were no relevant faults. The ccm is responding and showing no errors.

Is there a chance that it could still be faulty but showing no faults on vcds or would it always show a fault?

Hi all.

Just an update. I didn't get anyone reply with any answers for this issues so I assume that nobody had fixed it without main dealer help.
I did have my car booked into a dealer to have the central convenience module flashed and keys recoded for the 23rd but I have managed to fix it myself.

As I said earlier, I scanned my car with vcds and didn't get any relevant errors. The only error I got was a reoccurring error stating that the car had gone into power management (essentially the battery is knackered).
This must have been what caused the keys to lose their programming to start with. The confusing thing is that with the B8 A4 and A5, the remote is automatically reprogrammed everytime the key is placed into the dash slot and the car turned on. This was not happening with mine.

I was out of options.
I then thought that maybe the power management knocked out the central convenience module (to save power for starting) and this had caused the unit to restart but not quite started back up correctly. Remember, vcds was showing no errors for the ccm.

I tried looking on vcds for an option to completely restart the module but no job.
I decided to find the ccm (which I located inside the boot, on the right hand side and is a fairly large unit with about 6 cable connectors going into it.
I unplugged all of the connectors and left the car for 2 hours. MAKE SURE YOU DONT SHUT THE BOOT, YOU WILL GET LOCKED OUT, because the ccm controls all remote functions and all lock functions including the boot switch on the drivers door.

I got back to the car, plugged all of the connectors back in, put my key in the dash, started the car, pulled the key out and hey presto, key fob works again!!

So before you give up and take your car to the stealers to be reprogrammed, simply unplug the module for a couple of hours and it will be reset and should work again!

Will this be same with B7 so u have unplug it so that mean it reset it ?

I would imagine it would have the same results on the b7. Are you having the same issues that I had? On the B7 I heard the ccm can get damaged by water in the passenger footwell

Yeah
My 1st remote stop working a month or 2 ago this week 2nd key stop i try the quick code it didnt work
But elec window etc is working as believe it in same ccm for remote
So i got the code n vcds gonna try the reset 1st and also going check the drain under the battery