Central Audi/VW Birmingham?

markyzs180

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondered if anyone on here has used Central Audi/Vw by the Fort shopping park in Birmingham?

I've spoken to them about a major service and g/box oil change on my cab and they seem pretty good, but before I go spending hard earned cash with them would like to hear any feedback from members, good or bad.

Thanks in advance

Mark

:kissmyrings:

Never heard anything about Brum's garage but how much they wanting ?

hi speedy, hows things?

they've quoted me 220 for major service including coolant and brakefluid change and 110 for the multitronic g/box oil change (not many independants can do this as i'm told you need a special piece of audi kit to do it with?) local audi dealers want 369 for service + 50 for brake fluid change + 185 for g/box oil change!!! Yjey've been recommended on a few other forums but can't find any trace of them on here?

this is their website..

http://centralaudivw.co.uk/index.html

:)

I'm good thanks mate. Have to get back down the Ricoh in a week or two!

Give these a call tomorrow http://www.justvwaudi.co.uk/ I know a few people have used these and seem good on prices.

Let me know how you get on ?

cheers bud, i'll give em a call....
its always been done on the variable longlife service, i'll be having it changed back to the fixed and be doing a oil change every 6 moinths as well.

lea mentioned a meet before he goes on his hols in 3 weeks but i'll be on nights so won't be able to make it :(

Hey Mark,

Hows it going??

Have you given Midland VW a call, im sure they will be able to do a good deal for you, they come VERY highly recommended, they are based Cannock way, so not a million miles....

Heres there number: 01543 495 700

Nilz

Hey Mark,

Hows it going??

Have you given Midland VW a call, im sure they will be able to do a good deal for you, they come VERY highly recommended, they are based Cannock way, so not a million miles....

Heres there number: 01543 495 700

Nilz

Hey Nilz, good mate, hows u???

thanks for the number, i've heard good things about them too but could do with somewhere a bit more local. i had a service on my b5 avant done by autovolks shirley a few years back seemed ok, you heard anything about them bud??

cheers
mark

Hi mate, im good thanks, yea heard a few good things about Autovolks and they are VERY local, ive had a couple of quotes and they were quite pricey, but its always worth a try to see if they are better for yourself.

I know Midland VW are a bit of a way out, but its worth the visit really dude, there service is second to none and they are actually good people too :)

Cheers Nilz, I've tried ringing autovolks on numerous occasions over the last week and haven't been able to get them! I'll try them again tomorrow! I've got to say though that the guy at central audi was really nice, took alot of time on the phone and said 'just pop in for a coffee to see what a great set-up we've got' might well do that as I'll be over that way tomorrow. Someone else said to phone the main dealers, ask for their prices then tell them you've got much better deals from the independents and see if they'll match the price....can;t see them doing that though can you??

I used to use Autovolks about 10 years ago, the guy knows his stuff, but he's only slightly cheaper than the VW dealer right next door!

Mark, I was going to say to try haggling with the dealers, as they are open to it and will often do it, I have also only heard very good things about Stratford Audi (Stratford upon Avon), they are also pretty good on prices too, so might be worth having a word with them too...

Mark, I was going to say to try haggling with the dealers, as they are open to it and will often do it, I have also only heard very good things about Stratford Audi (Stratford upon Avon), they are also pretty good on prices too, so might be worth having a word with them too...

thanks nilz...will be ringing round a few tomorrow as I need it doing next week, let you know how i get on...

Big thumbs up for Midland VW here, fantastic prices and brilliant service. Wouldnt take my car to anyone else now if I'm being honst.

I took my car to Autovolks for a service not so long ago and whilst the major service was £160 which I thought was OK, the quote for replacing bushes etc was HUGE!!!. Plus, when I enquired about getting all my suspension work done they never got back to me. Wont be using them again now to be honest which is a shame as they're local to me.

I was pointed towards Midland VW after that and their prices were half what Autovolks quoted for replacing wishbone bushes etc.

T

Have to agree with Tom, dont think I would go anywhere else and their prices are really good too.

Due to my original plans for a remap being scuppered by work changing my shifts I'm now going to take my car to Midland for its remap. It'd be rude not to get a Miltek thrown on by them too being as its going to be there :)

I cant fault them though, Jody is always willing to sort things out, they chucked on new top mounts FOC when they fitted my new suspension and gave me a good discount being as I was getting ARBs fitted and having the cambelt done at the same time. Always reply to emails etc too, just be patient if you're trying to phone them in the afternoon though when everyones picking up their cars, can get quite busy at the front desk!. They also gave me a courtesy car for the day, good service.

Arrrggghhh!!!!

Its that good it got posted 3 times!!!

LOL...ok ok I get the message, just spoken to them and they've quoted me the same as Central and I've got to agree, they sound a good bunch. Only problem is I'd have to drive up there and wait while its done and I've got so much on next week that I don't think I can fit it in :(

Still eaiting for the dealers to get back to me with a revised price ;)

Did you ask for a courtesy car, they might be able to sort you out you know??

Yes mate, I can have one if they've got it available but it'd prob be easier to wait while its done, trying to shift things around to free up a morning next week...

Right then, no budging from the dealers unless i can supply a quote listing all part numbers to be used blah blah....

so its either central or midland....let u know how i get on.....

Right then...spoke to Central again, they seem on a par with Midland, they only use genuine parts and do the servicing etc on the 'older' audi's for the local dealers. They've got a good set-up so, paired with my time constraints next week, I've decided to be the guinea pig of the forum and booked it in with them!!

I will post a review of my experiences, good or bad, when its done........

Hi

Did you ever use Central Audi VW? I need cambelt doing on A4 - they seem good on the phone but would prefer a recommendation,

thanks

Got mine booked into Midland VW next week for the second time, defo recommend them.

hi
anyone on here has used Central Audi & Vw Birmingham?
I've spoken to them about a iterim service and A/C service and sounds good.
Before I go spending some money with them would like to hear any feedback from members.
I read few posts on a forum but they look old and no one say there are good or bad.
If anyone has a experience with them please share with us.
thanks.

Whereabouts are you based mate??

I havent heard great things about them to be honest mate, reviews have been very hit and miss, if you are after an interim service, give @A3-Lee a shout, he will be able to get you sorted, he does quite a few cars on here and does a great job.

With regards to the A/C, have a look on groupon, there are always offers on there.

Birmingham mate.
Thanks for any info about them.
I'm already book service for a A/C with them, so we see how they do.
I let you know guys.

thanks lads for all your posts and back to me.
ok A/C service done by Central Audi Vw B'ham
Full aircon service with treatment cost me £69
I think it's not too bad.
Lads from Central Audi & Vw are really friendly, and so far they done good job.
We see if I come for a interim service soon.

"to jojo"
thx mate next time if i need just regassed I try them I know where they are
Central want £45 just for regassed.

UPDATE!!! to my post above:
Previously I was quite happy with service till I noticed stench coming from air con and I checked pullen filter. Filter haven't been changed was absolutely dirty, and they have promised me to check it. It wasn't a problem to pay extra and have a proper job done. not happy customer!!
I am not recommending them anymore!!!!

Let us know how you get on.....

Old post i know but i absolutely wouldn't use Central again. Had my S3 serviced with them in April. Had a brake fluid change done, Had to take car back 2 days later as the low level warning light came on. Advised me my Magride rear dampers needed replacing as they were both leaking, Stated they would do the job for £50 if i supplied dampers. I only got it done last week due to other financial commitments. When i contacted them to fit them they reneged on their offer & wanted to charge me £100. Got it done locally for £40. They are not that much cheaper than a franchised dealer tbh plus you lose the kudos of a full franchise history (as i have...)

I have been using these Guys for the last 3 years my Golf R and a few niggles with my T5. Always gone the extra mile to help and very fair on price. Hoping to secure myself an e-tron :Grey B7: soon which i will be taking to them as well. Definitely recommend Tom and the team :icon thumright:

Personally found them utter rubbish, spent days seemingly doing nothing, kept saying about "taking the whole car apart" and charged a fortune.

Midland VW is the only place to go if you are in the Midlands, unfortunately don't have a car in the VW family anymore but highly recommend them to anyone that does.