Center popup screen prevention

wuta3

Reaction score
Right, after a month or so with my car ... this is annoying me.

Is there a way to prevent the center pop-up screen from popping up? I don't require it often, but it just sodding pops up and i'm forever pressing the "go away" button to retract it.

If i'm in traffic and someone crosses the road behind or in front ... boom ... it pops up. Everytime I start the car, there it is. The annoying little **** wont go away.

Right, after a month or so with my car ... this is annoying me.

Is there a way to prevent the center pop-up screen from popping up? I don't require it often, but it just sodding pops up and i'm forever pressing the "go away" button to retract it.

If i'm in traffic and someone crosses the road behind or in front ... boom ... it pops up. Everytime I start the car, there it is. The annoying little **** wont go away.
Nope

Reactions: simonali and 8YARWY
Looks like i'm adding a secondary toggle switch to the screen actuator to starve it of fizzy electrons :blahblah1:
subject has been done to death on the forum. don't have an issue with the screen myself but I get why people might feel like you do. Your suggested switch is prolly the simplest way to achieve what you are looking for.

You can code it out, but the button stops working too. The newer cars don't give you the option to lower it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Glue?

Reactions: CHEZ and 123Quattro
I would like to know this also. I can put it down with the use of the buttons but still I would like it to stay down while starting the car

Sorry if this is stupid or obvious, but why not just turn off the MMI (long press the volume knob on the centre console). The screen will then stay down.
It still activates in connection with the parking sensors, which I guess it’s there to do and why wouldn’t you want it to work in that way any way?

Never an issue for me as like to have the screen popping up and down, very ‘Thunderbirds’ like !