cd text?

CARACTERE007

Reaction score
just wondering if its only CDs that you copy that will allow you to put cd text on,...most of the cds i have dont have a cd text function encoded which is a pain in the ***,..... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Hi Caractere,

Apparently Sony encode all new CD's with text on each track/disc, but most HU's will allow you to program in a short disc name and the changer (Kenwood at least), will store data for up to 100 discs, by taking track and length details!

I record all my CDR's with text so it scrolls across the screen for easy reference when needed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Yes, I do this with all my CD's that I copy for in the car since my HU supports CD text and allows you to directly select a track by track name in a list f.e., very convenient.
When you use NERO burning rom, just pop the CD in your cd drive and instead of copy choose 'create audio cd'. Nero will then look up artist names, track names, ect in the CDDB (CD database, you need to be connected to internet obviously) or allow you to manually edit these.

I agree with worfke, whenever i get a new album, the first thing i do is copy it, as most CD Writing software writes CD-Text (with compatible hardware). It looks soo much better (and stops damaging of originals)