CD Playing?.

RS3 S.

Reaction score
Have the MMI unit, single slot cd player in glove box. Tried to play a CD the other day & loaded the disc into the slot but no music?. Went into the setting but could not see how to get the cd to play?. thought it would play as soon as disc is loaded?.
Can play music off my phone but cant get the cd to play?. Thanks in advance.

Select it in the source option maybe?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Next to MMI control there are four switches. Click bottom right one which will bring up media, select CD and bobs your uncle.

Reactions: RS3 S.
What's a CD?

Reactions: azibux1, Daytonapig, Max-Robbo and 1 other person
Can't find where to put my tapes

Reactions: Rob2k68, azibux1, Daytonapig and 1 other person
The best quality of sound you will get through your cars sound system awesome via Bang&olufsen

Have you tried a music concert DVD Jassy ? - Dolby digital or DTS soundtrack is freekin awesome !!!!

Reactions: davc, Satory, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
Have you tried a music concert DVD Jassy ? - Dolby digital or DTS soundtrack is freekin awesome !!!!

I have listened/watched a couple of dvds, l had left over both with DTS soundtracks mate,it is truly awesome sounding l have to admit pity it doesn't do bluray lol

Reactions: Rob2k68
The best quality of sound you will get through your cars sound system awesome via Bang&olufsen
Oooh, is it though? 'Cos CDs have a sample rate off 44.1KHz, but the B&O system resamples everything to 48KHz internally. So I'd say a nice uncompressed 48KHz track would be the best quality. ;)

If the FLAC is taken from a CD there's no difference between the two, the first is just a losslessly compressed version of the second.

Exactly - get yourself a sensible sized SD card, format as FAT32 and then copy all your tunes across - no lethal fumblings for a mere 10 or so tracks :)

Or save yourself some storage space (if you need to) and do up to 320Kbps VBR MP3 (you won't notice any difference).

Cheers guys. Still have loads of CD's & prefer them over digital downloaded music.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and batch
Cheers guys. Still have loads of CD's & prefer them over digital downloaded music.

In case you're not aware, there's no difference audibly between a CD and a FLAC file but if the old spinning things (you can coat with jam and they still work) float your boat, go for it :D

According to the specs in the manual the MMI system cannot play files with a bit-rate of greater than 320kbps. That is certainly the case with mine on which anything greater than 320k is listed but not recognised as a valid music file. So the only way I can play uncompressed music is using a silver disc. Uncompressed FLAC is not an option for me so it's CD's all the way.

That is normal. Most downloads are still compressed.

Oooh, is it though? 'Cos CDs have a sample rate off 44.1KHz, but the B&O system resamples everything to 48KHz internally. So I'd say a nice uncompressed 48KHz track would be the best quality. ;)

Yes but the MMI system won't play one. Or, more accurately, mine won't!

If you can produce uncompressed rips that the MMI system will play, would you mind letting me know what software you use for the rips or conversions. Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes but the MMI system won't play one. Or, more accurately, mine won't!

If you can produce uncompressed rips that the MMI system will play, would you mind letting me know what software you use for the rips or conversions. Thanks.

Think you need the tech pack for FLAC to be supported.

Think you need the tech pack for FLAC to be supported.

Aha! That explains it. Nothing uncompressed will play on my standard MMI. The tech pack must change the processor / dac too I expect.

Another annoying thing with playing a CD is it doesn't import any track or CD details, so all I see is Track 01, Track 02 and so on

All depends on the CD. A lot of more recent CD's do display the track information. Older ones don't.

Reactions: RS3 S. and Rob2k68
Yep I'd always make a copy of my original CD for the car as it'd no doubt get scratched and would use Nero which would 'enhance' the original by adding track info from some web based database.