1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cd player stopped working?

a3 1.8t Feb 7, 2012

1. a3 1.8t

a3 1.8t Member

Hi there the cd player in my a3 has stopped working i changed the central locking pump today then it wouldnt work properly so had to change it all back. I only pulled the cd changer out slightly and couldnt see a plug on the back of it, when i put the cds in it says in the car its loading them then the radio just goes back onto the radio and when i press mode to go onto the cd's its as if the mode button itnt working nothing happens, i have evan dissconnected the battery and put in the safe code again but still the same... Anyone got any ideas?

Regads Tom

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. Alais DJA

Alais DJA Member

Possibly earthed it out. Check fuses mate

4. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

There is a plug, just follow the lead from the changer back to under the rear seatbelt reel in the cubbyhole. It should be clipped to the bodywork, probably just needs nudging back into it's socket

5. a3 1.8t

a3 1.8t Member

thanks lads will have a look tomorrow, its one of them jobs i started this morning and just thought i wish i left it, trying to get everything back to how it was haha, wish i had just left it!

6. a3 1.8t

a3 1.8t Member

it was the cable had come loose thanks andymac!! All working okay now:D

7. AndyMac

AndyMac Moderator Moderator

Wow sometimes there is an easy fix on an Audi! Glad you got it sorted

8. nur.nu4

nur.nu4 New Member

New here... Can anyone guide me?

Symphony radio and cd, everything works fine but I cant insert cd in... any ideas

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2018