CD player missing/nav disc/sick of radio1

Damoaudi

Reaction score
I've just bought a 53 plate a4 b6 with rns-d nav plus. Who wanted Sat nav but not A CD player???? :S

Anyway, I need to get one fitted as I can't stand the radio. I am leaving radio1 but not quite into radio2 and our local station is ****.

is it simply a case of grab a changer and whack it in the gloveboxand the wiring is there or do I need to buy a harness/adapters and whatever else? And Im not 100% sure which changer I need. Is there an aux in I can use For my Tablet?

I also don't know how recent the disc in the Sat nav is so where can I find out/get an updated one (preferably one for continental Europe also)

Any help would be appreciated :)

(sorry if this has already been covered but I couldn't find it)

The nav may have been a retrofit, so the car may have had a symphony unit with the inbuilt 6 disc changer. The RNS-D is CD based, so you have to buy disc for each country. In all fairness you are better off selling the RNS-D and getting the DVD based RNS-E, at least that will give you SD slots to put your music on.

To be honest I've only given 600 for the car so Im not all that bothered about spending fortunes on it and for the amount I need the nav it's probably not worth it for me. But at the same time I don't want to lose the nav