CD Changer Bracket - 1998 A6

Manic

Reaction score
Hi All

I've just bought a Panasonic DP 9060 to fit into a '98 A6.

The wires/connectors are all there and it seems to work fine.

The only problem I have is the bracket in the passenger side luggage compartment. I understand this is where the changer fits and believed that the DP 9060 was compatible. Unfortunately it "seems" to be about 5mm wider than the bracket.

Am I doing something wrong?

Look forward to your opinions.

Cheers

They all vary in size. The OEM changer is a Panasonic unit but with a different case, so Audi have obviously tried to justify the £300+ for their unit, as it fits in the bracket. I fitted the same DP9060 in my mates A3 and that fitted in the existing bracket. Can you not modify the bracket, or use some other method to secure the changer?
I've found using thick draught excluder tape mounted on the top of the sub woofer a better method as it gives you some extra cushioning on bumpy roads. But I don't know if you have a sub in the A6.

Hi AndyMac

Thanks for your response.

I intend to take the bracket out at the weekend and have a play. But having looked briefly at it I'm not sure if I can modify to take a wider changer - narrower would be easy enough but wider ....

There isn't a sub woofer in the left hand side cubby hole. Just a jack and a toolkit (and a bracket it won't fit into!!!!)

I might look into removing the bracket altogether and fitting some sort of shelf.

Frustration's a wonderful thing isn't it?