CD auto changer

pwnorman

Reaction score
Website
www.google.co.uk
Have been having problems playing cd's lately as the dam thing keeps showing on the head unit that theres a cd error and i dont have a clue what it is have had a look and still cant find owt now its really peeing me off so if anyone's got any ideas help would be great /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

a simple suggestion, which I'm sure you've tried (!!) but have you thoroughly checked the lead all the way from the player to the head unit? I assume all plugs are ok?

They are not backup cd's are they? These sometime show this type of error /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I had the same thing - check the connections are ok. It was the one behind the rear seat backrest that was causing problems on mine. You can get to it by flipping the rear seat back forwards and sticking your hand into the left hand side boot compartment (where the changer is) in the general area of the seat back. The connector is clipped to the inner wheel arch.

Ok checked the connector seems fine also made sure that cd's are'nt copies still not working hu coming up with loading disc's then next thing were back to the error dam thing.

Try cleaning the lens, either using a CD lens cleaner disc or take the cover off the changer and use a cotton bud soaked in lighter fluid. they get quite grubby being in the boot. The cotton bud trick worked when I had CD Err on previous A3.