Cawsey's Track Toy

Ok so been a while since I've been on here or touched the s3 as I've recently bought a new daily 07 Leon tfsi fr
0236cb3d33c4f45794c7ef3668cf5c18.jpg

I was going to remove the s3 engine and just rebuild it with my new rods but might be moving house within tge next month and don't want to be stuck with half a car in the garage. So I've been given an apy block with slight damage to one cylinder due to spark plug breaking and dropping in. So im thinking about stripping it down having it re bored and rebuild with oem crank forged rods and bigger pistons. The question is what size to have it bored to. Am I right In saying fitting 83mm pistons with oem crank will give a 1.9l? Also this has all got to be done on a pikey budget as it's only going to get used a few times a year.

Is it possible to use the standard 8p s3 82.5 pistons and rebore to suit as would be a lots cheaper then a new forged set of 83mm's

Made a bit of progress this morning stripping down the block.
13e9a0e9c17d35f999d46e1a7896649f.jpg

I've decided I'm going to paint the block red so I've ordered some high temp primer and paint. What's the best way to prep it and get all the oil dirt off ready for paint. Or is it worth me having it sandblasted?