Caught speeding...all of a sudden:

Hurstie

Reaction score
So I was going along a long road, not residential, and I genuinely believed the speed limit was 40. So my speed was creeping up (not a fast driver just didn't realise) and I see a speed van so jump on the brakes. Got it below 40 before i was in range.

10 days later I get a letter through the post "caught doing 36 in a 30". ****!

I agree to do the speed awareness course.

Less than a month later I was driving along the same road and I see a new sign: "new 40mph speed limit in force".
So they put a mobile speed camera van out to enforce a 30mph limit, catch a load of people, then change the speed limit to 40.

*******S

It's all about the money not the speed.
Was caught myself doing 40 in a 30 2 months before early retirement and after 22 years driving between 30 & 50 thousand miles per year. 3 points & £60.
The 2 cars I use have cruise control and as soon as I enter a limit the cruise gets set and wow! I just relax knowing I'm safe from the cameras. It's just not worth being impatient or trying to beat the system. AND I always have sat nav on so that I know the speed limit that's applicable, invaluable when in unfamiliar territory.
When I want to speed a motor circuit is down the road.

Speed limit change will be down to the council, enforcement down to the police. Unfortunately rather than targeting dangerous or accident blackspots they pick on roads where people naturally speed.

I got caught a few weeks back doing 50 in a 40 on a dual carriageway with very set back footways and no junctions or houses. At the time I was being passed by a people carrier. Annoyed as I know if it was assessed under current policy it would be a 50.

2 days later I was passed by a police van on the same road with no blues doing a good 60.

Be happy they raised the limit round me 20 zones are cropping up like nasty spots on a teenagers face.