Caught on mobile speed gun.

Schizophonic

Reaction score
Don't wish for anyone being in the same spot but I was caught speeding tonight and the thing was that when the speed gun was pointing at me I heard my car 'ping' at me. Does anyone know if this some kind of feature or was I just imagining it?

The gun was pointing at the front of my car and I dont have any sensors or camera attached on my front bumper.

I think the username may fit for this one.

Reactions: jdp1962
Just imagining it - I'm pretty sure radar detection etc is illegal

Radar detection is legal, it's radar jamming or in any way electronically disrupting the signal that's illegal

I'm pretty sure that you can setup the car to sound an audible and visible dash alarm when exceeding a certain speed in the MMI
My car is seems to have been set at 90mph from the factory.....

I'm pretty sure that you can setup the car to sound an audible and visible dash alarm when exceeding a certain speed in the MMI
My car is seems to have been set at 90mph from the factory.....

Yes you can. It's a shame however it's not linked to the sat nav to make it relevant to the speed of the road you are on.

My car has the traffic sign recognition - shame you can't link it to that either, or link that to the cruise control!

As an aside, I was also disappointed to discover that the SATNAV didn't contain a speed camera database.

Yeh, it's only there as a display - it's a free option anyway, so not bothered really, but it would be good if you could do more with it. I do miss the speed limiter on my old car - physically limited the speed no matter how hard you pressed the pedal to whatever you had set (unless you used the kickdown).

As an aside, I was also disappointed to discover that the SATNAV didn't contain a speed camera database.

I think you can import POIs so it's probably possible to do easily enough. Haven't looked into it though.

I don't know any more than having seen the option to import lists from an SD card - maybe the handbook will have some more info on it