Caught on camera??

AndyB that can't be right... Ferrari throw all cars around Fiorano so they typically come with between 40 and 60 miles on the clock when you take delivery...

Unless my Ferrari dealership were trying to pull a fast one (twice!)
confused.gif

Originally posted by 17ND:
Tooney, not sure if you are referring to my post or the others, but if mine, it was implied that the derestriction of the SMG cars was by default, not on request...

Hoping someone can shed some light on it?
<font size="2" face="verdana,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Wasnt refering to your posts Neil
smile.gif

I cannot see though what about SMG could mean the car would have to be derestricted
confused.gif

The fact that you cannot get past 170 seems to me that u hit the limiter and have an optimistic speedo - the M3 evo can do 175mph when let off the leash so the E46 will surely just about top that?

i was driving back from kent late last nite, very tired and not concentrating. i drove through a gatso doin about 40 in a 30. The camera though was on the opposite side of the road facing me. it flashed twice, there was nothing else on the road so it must hav been me.
i always thought gatso's could only photograph the back of cars. if i get done its fair enough as i was speeding, just a little bit confused as to wheather or not this is right.

It was a GATSO and not a TRUVELO.

Adam

Your safe. Gatso's with a camera but no film are often used by police forces to scare speeders. But they don't bother to calibrate the system, so it goes off whether you are travelling in the right direction or not.

Dan

You *shouldn't* get done for that.

I got flashed by one on the other side once, late at night and the limit had been reduced from when I used to drive the road more often. Never heard anything.

Actually, I always wondered if they'd try to chase you if it was seriously over the limit, like 70 in a 40 or something.

Wouldn't worry about it anyway, sure you'll be fine. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dbm said:
Your safe. Gatso's with a camera but no film are often used by police forces to scare speeders. But they don't bother to calibrate the system, so it goes off whether you are travelling in the right direction or not.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I didn't know that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

Does that always apply?

[ QUOTE ]
dbm said:

Dan

[/ QUOTE ]

it flashed twice though! i hav always been told that if it flashes twice, its got film in it. am very anoyed with myself cos i only got my last lot of 3 points removed in August /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.
Forgot to mention there WERE markings on both sides of the road.
Adam

It's just what I've been told /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. But it's happened to me half a dozen times over the years, and I've never had the brown envelope of doom.

As for the lines, they're there to proove which car was the fastest if there are two cars in shot when the camera goes off; and to provide a lo-tech verification of the camera if necessary. They need to be on both sides of the road in case of overtaking or people being on the wrong side of the road.

Dan

cheers guys, will let u know if the brown envelope comes through. really hope it doesnt, i am havin enough trouble with my insurance company and the mods i want to do without having points on my licence!
Adam

I was caught speeding in the UK in a rental car...well lets say the blame was passed onto me....and I haven't seen a ticket since...living abroad does have some benefits.

Was it a white flash given by the Gatso? If it was and you get a ticket you could complain about a Gatso flashing you full on the eyes, which is not the way it's meant to happen, and you could harp on about what if your were epileptic blah blah blah.

I wonder if the Gatso can take a good picture of a white number plate without getting too much reflection back off of it... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

I thought Gatso's only worked from behind. The radar bit measures your speed and is the primary source of evidence. The photo traces the car and the white lines serve as a secondary speed check. I don't think they work 'head on'.

Have a look at www.pepipoo.com and www.speedcamerasuk.com for more info.

dont worry.

if a camera flashed you from the front it would only manager to get 1 photo of ur reg plate and 1 of ur car.

would be thrown out of court if it got that far.