Catback or decat?

RS4K

Reaction score
hi,

Circumstances have meant i can keep my s3 a bit longer so just looking for some advice/opinions on if i should go for a catback exhaust (i want some noise) or if it may be worth getting a decat instead? im in a manual s3 (original clutch afaik) so will it put too much strain on it if i get the map to stage 2 along with the decat? i only want to spend a little bit so dont want to go stg2+ as i know it wont handle it.

thanks

RS3 catback? I have one for sale if you think it'll fit.

looking for aftermarket like a milltek and i wouldn't know if it would fit tbh or if it is louder than a milltek or not.

thanks anyway

I really wouldn't bother with a decat unless you're looking either for a lot of power,or hassle around MOT time.

Give @BCS Nige a call for exhausts.

Sports cat downpipe and oem catback.if you're on a budget + hpfp stage 2+ power.

If you get a custom.map you can ask for the torque to be reduced for your clutch

i already have a stage 1 revo so dont want to spend more on custom map but do you think a sports cat and downpipe will be better solution than catback? any better sound?

To make things worse i think my cluctch is on its way out as today it started vibrating a bit and making some noises might be a blessing as i can get a uprated clutch and maybe go stage 2+ afterall lol

You won't get much more noise with the downpipe and sports cat. However, the stage 2 software will give you more oomph. Add in a hpfp and you will be really flying at stage 2+ As long as you have a good intake.

Reactions: RS4K and S3Alex
You'll actually be surprised how nice the DP and cat with stock cat back actually sounds...
We do a separate bolt in Cat delete pipe as well if a little mire sound is required .
Cheers
Nige

Reactions: HHS3, S3Alex and kash_v