Catback milltek or decat & stage 2?

ohmyaudi

Reaction score
I'm currently stage 1 with a res delete and pops and bangs mapped in, but I want something louder and more aggressive. Do I go milltek non res non valved catback? (Although would this drone be too much on motorway?) Or do I go decat and therefore stage 2 (with more pops and bangs) , plus a dsg map, for about the same money?

I’m stage 2 de-cat Milltek with pops and bangs etc and it’s great.

I was under the impression that stage 1 pops and bangs would have a detrimental impact on the CAT. Hence the need for a decat or sports CAT on stage 2??

Haha I wish, I can't afford to do both at the minute! The decat option for me is only a downpipe and then stock catback.

Reactions: MikeParkin
100% I'd say the Decat and stage 2 tune with TCU tune. The improvment in drivability easily trumps just added sound of cat back. I'm APR stage 2 bangs and pops with BCS catted DP and their res delete. It's more than loud enough IMO and still reserved enough at freeway speeds. I'd say that Decat would be even louder again.

What else you had to upgrade with having stage 2? Brakes, suspension etc? Revo seem to recommend spending around £2.5k on upgrades, or will stock parts be alright at stage 2 (obviously apart from clutch on manuals).