1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Catback milltek or decat & stage 2?

ohmyaudi Apr 21, 2019

1. ohmyaudi

ohmyaudi Active Member Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

I'm currently stage 1 with a res delete and pops and bangs mapped in, but I want something louder and more aggressive. Do I go milltek non res non valved catback? (Although would this drone be too much on motorway?) Or do I go decat and therefore stage 2 (with more pops and bangs) , plus a dsg map, for about the same money?

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. MikeParkin

MikeParkin Well-Known Member Team Ibis Audi S3 Manual

I’m stage 2 de-cat Milltek with pops and bangs etc and it’s great.

4. Leevr

Leevr Well-Known Member Audi S3 Porsche Viper Green

I was under the impression that stage 1 pops and bangs would have a detrimental impact on the CAT. Hence the need for a decat or sports CAT on stage 2??

5. ohmyaudi

ohmyaudi Active Member Team Brilliant Black Audi S3

Haha I wish, I can't afford to do both at the minute! The decat option for me is only a downpipe and then stock catback.

MikeParkin likes this.
  6. aussieR

aussieR Active Member

100% I'd say the Decat and stage 2 tune with TCU tune. The improvment in drivability easily trumps just added sound of cat back. I'm APR stage 2 bangs and pops with BCS catted DP and their res delete. It's more than loud enough IMO and still reserved enough at freeway speeds. I'd say that Decat would be even louder again.