Catalunya conundrum!

Right&Glory

Reaction score
I've written a few times about being on the brink of ordering, but now I'm calling on anyone near the South Wilts region that knows where there is or indeed owns a Catalunya RS3.

Having seen the black RS3 on the Audi facebook page I'm torn and the only way I can discount one or the other is to see the allusive red beast.

I'm pretty much on the A303 near solstice park services so can easily travel if required.

Any help most gratefully received!!

R&G

Reactions: GRE57Y
The only examples I've seen round here have been at Goodwood FoS and Poole/Yeovil's Sport Showcase had an Audi UK one.

A local friend was pondering Catalunya vs Mythos and went for the black in the end as he couldn't find a red one to look at and was worried about the shade it really was as in photographs it comes over quite orange.

Sorry not to be able to help, just that I made the same search with him already, looking Exeter/Bristol/Taunton/Salisbury/Poole no one had a red one :(

Best I can offer is the pic of the Goodwood one, where I made sure it was a true representation of the colour (but appreciate it's not the same as seeing it in the metal!);

I've written a few times about being on the brink of ordering, but now I'm calling on anyone near the South Wilts region that knows where there is or indeed owns a Catalunya RS3.

Having seen the black RS3 on the Audi facebook page I'm torn and the only way I can discount one or the other is to see the allusive red beast.

I'm pretty much on the A303 near solstice park services so can easily travel if required.

R&G
I share your pain... I've ordered blind! Cat Red with Gloss black styling! Currently in paint shop!

Reactions: RYuill
I have also never seen it.

But I'm sure it will amazing.

I can take you out in a Nardo one mid November if you like ;)

TX.

Reactions: Bond Villain
I know Bexley Audi have 1 currently awaiting collection. Was keen to look at it to convince me what colour to order.

I know Bexley Audi have 1 currently awaiting collection. Was keen to look at it to convince me what colour to order.
You might have just ruined my girlfriend's weekend... Looks like a trip to bexley might be on the cards this weekend! Haha

Reactions: L1ARR and THQuattro
When I saw the RS3 at Goodwood I think all RS3 on display were Catalunya red.
I have to say they looked really good and suited the look they were trying to portray on their stand.
The red look vibrant in the sunshine.

But looking at videos of Catalunya red when its under indoor lighting it does look really orange.

My last two cars have been silver and my mother has a blue vRS Fabia so I thought I would get a red car for a change.

Reactions: GRE57Y
Jose thanks for the empathy, I have no idea where or how this conundrum ends!!

GRE57Y that's the external spec I'm pondeing!! Did you spec black gloss wheels too?! - You're braver than I am!

TX that's not helpful!! Haha :shrug:

I can't get to Bexley this weekend - gutted!!

Thank you all for your comments, the search continues! In the meantime I might get back to Newbury for a reminder of their black intro model...

R&G

Cardiff Audi had one for sale.

Thanks mate, I can't get there but will bear it in mind if I am able to free up the time another weekend...

You might have just ruined my girlfriend's weekend... Looks like a trip to bexley might be on the cards this weekend! Haha

Please post if you go, I am keen understand how it looks in the flesh. Unfortunately haven't got the time to get over there.

Rest assured if I see Catalunya anywhere I will post opinion... Soooo desperate but can't get there this weekend :weary:

GRE57Y that's the external spec I'm pondeing!! Did you spec black gloss wheels too?! - You're braver than I am!
I didn't- I went with standard wheels and mirror caps... They're easy enough to change post-delivery I feel. What other spec did you choose?

I'm now confused over the pros and cons of crystal effect paint vs more traditional pearl/metallic?!?!?

GRE57Y - I'm going to spec dynamic and comfort/sound package, red calipers, privacy glass, roof bars, black with crescendo red stitching seats - paint very much tbc!!!

Mines as follows:

Catalunya Red,
Black styling pack,
Comfort & Sound,
Dynamic Pack,
RS3 Design Pack,

Standard Seats- Crescendo Red/Black
Standard Mirrors
Standard Wheels

Windows to be tinted after delivery and who know what else...

So, I popped into Bexley today. The Catalunya Red is stunning, it blew me away. It's kinda like a dark red/blood orange colour and complimented with the black it has really made me think about colour choice.

Here is a few to wet your appetite and give you all an idea how it looks

Reactions: Fuzzy5987 and Scottyg
It's stunning. There's another thread on the go about keeping flat colours swirl and mark free. Don't know if that may affect your decision.

That's odd, they class it as metallic then? More pics would be great! When does it get released to the owner? I'm desperate to see it up close before!

Last edited:
View attachment 71706 So, I popped into Bexley today. The Catalunya Red is stunning, it blew me away. It's kinda like a dark red/blood orange colour and complimented with the black it has really made me think about colour choice.

Here is a few to wet your appetite and give you all an idea how it looks

Exactly how mine will look. (Without the dod of bird **** on the bonnet)