Cat Heat Shield Rattle

LordNelson

Reaction score
Ok, i have had this problem since i bought the car and now its getting on my rag more than ever.
One of the bolts securing the heat shield/guard has rusted and sheared off, meaning when the car is at idle, it vibrates and makes a horrendous metal on metal din.

Is there any way i can sort this short of drilling out the sheared bolt? or can i simply take it off and do without? will this cause any problems?

You can do without but the heat will transfer to the floor pan and the interior might get a little hot lol.

You could get a spot of weld put on it to fix it in place.

My Bad....its not the shield between the cat and the floor pan....its the guard thats underneath the Cat. Is this just a stone guard or something?

I see yeh not sure what its for, maybe just a shield against damage I guess. Still would suggest a weld, would be easiest I reackon.

wouldnt fancy driving into a petrol station without that shield have u seen a cat glow when the cars been ragged? :unsure:

Take it off i did, mine rattled like hell, only there to stop mechanics burning themself's.