Cat back for more power.

who-sijones

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I currently have a 3" downpipe w/ sports cat and a res delete the rest of the exhaust is stock.
My current set up sounds a little bit too quiet for me and I've been offered a cat back local to me for £100. The cat back is 2.5" which is the same size as stock I think?
I'm just wondering if the cat back will make more power and sound better than the stock?
I eventually want to be stage 2+.

TIA,
Si
738b31a95c5959b7e608fe3060b7c3a2.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

You can't go wrong for £100, but it will add ****** all power and without the middle resonator will drone like a b1tch! Std cat-back is fine for stage 2+. I was on stock cat-back at stage 2+ for a few years but got offered a great deal on a new Miltek resonated cat-back and after a few thousand miles sooting up, it sounded great; OEM quiet when off boost but with a nice deep burble, but loud as on WOT.

As said above, the cat back will add little if any power. You can run stage 2+ with the sports cat downpipe and standard catback but a custom tune will see higher figures at the top end of the rev range if you have a full 3” system all the way through.
It looks a bit ropey from the photo and I’d save the £100 towards something better. Do you not get drone on the motorway having a res delete?

Zero drone to be honest. I've got a TTS with a res delete too which has a small amount of drone.

The TTS sounds better throughout the rev ranges though.

I ended up buying it for £60. Could probably scrap it for the same value