Cat back Exhaust Fitting

ian_s3

Reaction score
Hi, I've just bought a scorpion cat-back for my 2010 Audi S3. Going to fit it myself and was just wondering how easy it is? Anything I need to look out for? Do I need new gasket when fitting it? Thanks

Very easy you can do it off axel stands but a ramp is better just make sure you put it on far enough or it will hit the rear prop

When we had a car back fitted to a Golf7R recently the cat back was sealed to the front pipe with silicon sealant. Not like the old days with the White paste. Apparently allows you to disconnect easily if you want to swop back etc.

P.

OK thanks, I'm guessing its not flanged where I'm going to be splitting old system? Do I need to cut old exhaust?

Have you got the centre section piece too? Or is it a back box and under axle pipe? If it's a used system make sure you get yourself some decent new clamps for it too! Or you will be jacking it back up and replacing them also!

The system is in two pieces, precat, cat and two silencers on the first and silencer and back box on the back end, I guessing yours is the full back end which should be a real easy job! Lots of WD for the exhaust bracket rubbers!

Last edited:
Its a scorpion cat-back so I'm guessing and hoping its the full back end

It's just a slide on fitment then mate I've got a picture here of both standard and miltek full exhaust side by side, struggling to post it on this thread I will message it to you pal