cat back and warranty

cam87

Reaction score
Hi guys, thinking of getting a milltek cat back only and just wanted to know if anyone had an idea if there would be any warranty issues?
I know with it being a cat back system its just the exhaust gas flowing through but with back pressure etc would they have grounds to reject anything?

Thanks

If the turbo failed you might have to fight them, but anything else they would still cover I think. Not loud enough in dynamic mode for you?

Mines been in to audi various times and they said it was fine 'it's when you add a sports cat that we have problems'

If the turbo failed you might have to fight them, but anything else they would still cover I think. Not loud enough in dynamic mode for you?

Yeah I did think about the turbo but thought that would be a very petty defence and obviously a lot of tuned cars would have this problem, not that Audi cares about that of course.

Thanks for the reply

I have ordered S3 Saloon but I was wondering if to fit a cat back would require cutting the standard exhaust pipe or its just one part to be fitted as on my previous car had to cut the standard exhaust to fit cat back on it, does any one has some information regarding this for S3 8v saloon ?

I have ordered S3 Saloon but I was wondering if to fit a cat back would require cutting the standard exhaust pipe or its just one part to be fitted as on my previous car had to cut the standard exhaust to fit cat back on it, does any one has some information regarding this for S3 8v saloon ?
When they did my hatch it was literally a swap out procedure, i'd be very suprised if it was different on the saloon.

It did however take a while for them to get it hanging correctly, but there were absolutely no unreversable changes / cutting

Hopefully the saloon is the same, thanks for the information.

When they did my hatch it was literally a swap out procedure, i'd be very suprised if it was different on the saloon.

It did however take a while for them to get it hanging correctly, but there were absolutely no unreversable changes / cutting

Did you get that rattle / knocking sorted out?

Did you get that rattle / knocking sorted out?
The squeaking is being done today.. well i've actually just watched them rip the old one off and put a new system on.

Took long enough to convince them i wasn't imagining it!

The squeaking is being done today.. well i've actually just watched them rip the old one off and put a new system on.

Took long enough to convince them i wasn't imagining it!

oh sweet, can you please get some vid's of it up after? there are so many of people just thrashing the car with exhaust changes, id just want to hear how they perform on normal driving under minor load.

so glad they finally got around to sorting it for you though and hope you get to enjoy it properly now.

Sure will do, let's just hope this one doesn't squeak ;)