1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carwow....

VinceXR Nov 8, 2017

1. VinceXR

VinceXR Active Member Sportback Team Tango S tronic Audi A3 Black Edition TDi

Has anyone ever used this service?

Or is it better to go direct through a dealer?

I'm just about ready to order a new A3 and was wondering the best way to go about it to get the best deal. I've never bought a new car before so I was hoping for a bit of advice from the veterans :)

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated,

Vince

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. martin1984

martin1984 Well-Known Member Team Silver Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group TDi

Hi i equired and the discount were almost untrue compared to my local dealer due to my personal circumstances I didn't complete the deal. One thing that would worry many is if you buy a car from a dealer quite a Distance away if there's a problem getting the car back to them.
    So get a quote with your spec and then try your local to see if there can match or better it.

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

4. AudiSpy

AudiSpy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Audi Q5 Audi TT

5. Pinky1959

Pinky1959 Well-Known Member

If you buy a car through Car wow and it needs any warranty work you can go to any dealer ,
    If you have good relations with the local you could go there for service or go there anyway and get them to match the car wow price if they can .

6. B5NUT

B5NUT Well-Known Member TFSI Owners Group VCDS Map User S-line owners group S tronic quattro Audi A3 Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

I've used the quotation service three times now and each time one of my local Audi dealers has matched the price. If they had not the I would have used them. It will give you a good idea of what discount you can get.

7. Jonny B

Jonny B Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3

I have used car wow twice , co-incidentally both times for Audi’s. The discounts they offer beat anything that the sales guys on the floor could offer me. Not an issue travelling to get it , any dealer will happily sort any issues for you and will be glad for the servicing custom etc ..I would recommend it.

8. Jonny B

Jonny B Well-Known Member Team Nardo Audi RS3

To clarify you are going direct to the dealer, car wow is just a portal , your trade is with the dealer direct.

9. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona S-line owners group S tronic Audi A6 Black Edition DSG

car wow is just asking dealers to bid for your business, i would have used it if my car hadn't been an impulse buy lol

DieselJake likes this.
  10. Dan_G

Dan_G Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Navarra Audi S3

Car Wow also take a commission - so dealers are actually offering less.

Drive the deal is also a good indicator.

I’d get quotes from both and head to your local dealer and ask them to match them - or come VERY VERY close.

It’s worked for me in the past and everyone remains friends.

11. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona S-line owners group S tronic Audi A6 Black Edition DSG

broadspeed is another good one to use/check

DrEskimo likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. DrEskimo

DrEskimo Well-Known Member

Also find Coast2Coast has some of the biggest discounts.

14. Gary_LB

Gary_LB Active Member

I used carwow to buy my S4. I used quotes from carwow and coast2coast to kick off negotiations and ended up buying through carwow.

N@deeem likes this.
  15. no_idea

no_idea Well-Known Member

Bought my wife's Beetle through Carwow and they delivered it on a trailer.
    My local dealer could not get close, just use them for servicing.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

16. N@deeem

N@deeem Member Team Sepang Audi S1

Similar to others, I used it for comparison and base lining discount. Once you get quotes go back in and you’ll see built stock and specs. Good for haggling.

I know someone that did the same with an orange wheels quote. Depends on how far away from target dealer is.