Carwow v Coventry Audi

Stuhil

Reaction score
I've had a few quotes via Carwow all circa 14%, none of which have been supplied by the fabled Coventry Audi who, on reading some of your posts, appear to be the cheapest dealer at the moment. Can someone supply me with the contact details of the Coventry Audi sales member who is providing the hot deals? My local dealers won't entertain a price match with Carwow let alone go cheaper.

Cheerz!

Yea I mentioned this in another thread in this section. CarWow have changed and now only offer you 5 deals from local dealerships. When I got my deal back in September, I got loads from all over the country...

One member did suggest submitting a car build multiple times to get Coventry to come up. Although given what BH has said, that might be a pointless exercise...!

Reactions: Stuhil
The carwow local vs national thing is odd/unclear: they still say they are sourcing deals nationally on the site ("You choose the car and we go find you up to 5 of the best offers from local and national dealers. You can compare offers by price, location, and dealer ratings and reviews.", "We always make sure that you receive the best price possible from our dealer network, regardless of where you are located.", "Buying a brand new car from a dealership that’s further away is just as safe as buying from your local dealer."). That said I only got 2 offers on the builds I put on there today, neither of which was from Coventry, so maybe less places are using them (or maybe it was the first day of a new quarter and a Friday as well so they're being a bit slow! ;) ).

p.s. I expect the fleet guy at Coventry isnt going to be happy if we all email him asking for deals, is he? :)

Last edited:
When I used carwow back in 2014 for my S4 (l live in Stratford, 25 mins from Coventry!)
No local dealers made offers, the closest and best, was Leicester Audi who are part of sytner group.
The other offers were all up north, next closes was Liverpool (135 miles away).
Stratford, Coventry & Birmingham Audi are all part of Listers. I got my local dealer to very reluctantly price match to retain my business.

No reason why you couldn't just try using a Coventry postcode on carwow??

I wouldnt be too worried about emailing Coventry im sure they'll be keen for new business and try and do a deal
I did the same to Tamworth Audi!

Reactions: scotty76
jo.aspell@listers.co.uk is person you initially get in contact with at Coventry regarding online discounts. Might be worth emailing her

Like @Keef I did carwow back in 2014. I had quotes from dealers hundreds of miles away with the best from Maidstone Audi, over 100 miles from me.

@Stuhil - Noticed that Coventry Audi aren't 'doing' Carwow at the mo
Best deals I'm getting are on Drive The Deal if that helps
https://www.drivethedeal.com/

They are indeed coming up cheapest at the moment. Any feedback on what people's experiences with them are? They seem to get good feedback in the press as a company, but I guess they are only as good as the supplying dealer really...

@Stuhil - did you get in touch with anyone from coventry? I emailed the 2 folk above 4 days ago, no reply so far. Mind you, dealers in general seem a bit poor with email, I've emailed a couple of others with enquiries over the last couple of weeks and neither of them have replied either...

@Stuhil - did you get in touch with anyone from coventry? I emailed the 2 folk above 4 days ago, no reply so far. Mind you, dealers in general seem a bit poor with email, I've emailed a couple of others with enquiries over the last couple of weeks and neither of them have replied either...

Have you checked your Spam / Junk folder, just in case?

Yeah, nothing there. Maybe they have enough business with walk-in customers that they don't need to reply to email enquiries. Seems a bit daft having a "sales@" email address on your website though if you don't check it once in a while! Who knew that spending a (relatively) vast amount of money could be so much work? :)

I would either ring them or better still go and see them.
It takes seconds to ping off dozens of requests for a price.
The problem is they know the chances of doing a deal are slim if they think you have emailed a lot of dealers.

I have always found drivethedeal pretty competitive and you get your price there and then.
I got my local dealer to price match drivethedeal which I was happy with.

Local dealer isn't interested in price matching anyone, hence why I'm shopping around. Might either try resubmitting my build on carwow or look at drivethedeal, although with drivethedeal you do have the issue of not knowing who the dealer is before you order so you don't know if they're bad / too far away to collect from in person (which I would want to do). Maybe I'll just keep my B7 Avant a bit longer. Getting fed up looking around now TBH!

drivethedeal deliver to your door. I have previously bought through them and would have no issue doing it again although this time I didn't need to.
If you ring drivethedeal the will tell you roughly where the dealers are although they wont name them until you order.

Thanks, might give them a ring then. Bit reluctant to get it delivered as my feeling is the dealer might be less keen to sort out any issues if they've done that vs if it's still sat on the forecourt before you drive it away!

I have done a few quotes in the last couple of weeks and coventry have quoted and been the cheapest on them ...

Weird, I've done a few as well and they haven't quoted on any of them... Are you close to them? I've had quotes from as far away as 168 miles from me (which would be further away than Coventry) but earlier in this thread it was suggested carwow is now location-based rather than really national, so i guess that might have something to do with it?

Lol .. No I am in Shetland , probably 800 miles away , maybe I am too far for it to do location based so I get the best prices, Stoke Audi & Coventry always there with good prices ...

lol maybe I should put a Shetland postcode in. ;)

I'm from Northern Ireland and got an offer from Coventry pretty much straight away. 14.9% discount on A4 Avant Sline 2.0 TFSI with boatload of options so not too bad...

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
Coventry always quoted me when imputed a car on Carwow. They seem pretty good. I would have went with them had my local dealer not matched them!

@alFR

No I haven't made contact yet although it was my intention to. I received Carwow quotes in January, time slipped by and before I knew it they had expired. Just coming to the end of a self build project which takes up every spare moment hence I haven't been able to progress my enquiry/purchase as I'd liked. Toying with the PCP route for the first time to release some cash from my B8 which I bought new and financed over two years. Needing the cash to help furnish the house.

I know how that goes with time slipping by! I actually did get a reply, both via email and carwow eventually (submitted a different build last week and they quoted) so now I just need to finally decide on spec and get on with it. 14-odd % discount on offer at the moment, which I think is pretty good.

I've ordered a 190 Ultra Sport Avant from Listers Coventry via Carwow.

Getting approx 15% discount. Only problem is that they are not the most responsive to messages or phone calls.

On the flip side, I also negotiated the same discount with Maidstone (Brian) who were superb except for lining up a car and at the last minute telling me the option on it wasn't actually on it. Coventry won by virtue of being half the distance from home for collecting and doing docs.

Should get my car in 2 weeks!

I am going to maidstone next week to see donna, she has lined up a deal on 2.0l tfsi sline saloon with some options. £2000 deposit and £400 a month, 15% discount. Initial contact was through carwow..

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I am going to maidstone next week to see donna, she has lined up a deal on 2.0l tfsi sline saloon with some options. £2000 deposit and £400 a month, 15% discount. Initial contact was through carwow..
@cuke2u - Any news ?

Oh yes, sorry I think I posted up in the 'another test drive' thread. Lovely drive I had, the engine is sublime, quiet and very refined, even though the car had the stronic that I dislike. There was no sign of the unyealding ride that I experienced in the one day loaner I had and it was very smooth. Donna from the Maidstone branch was a lovely woman and I immediately had a offer for my car £1000 higher than I'd had from anywhere else however I'd found out that to get out of my PCP I still had a to make ten more payments, or give them £3000, something I wasn't prepared to do.
So it looks like I'll have to wait until January now before I place my order, but then the good thing about that is I can get to choose between three cars, the A4, the A3 and the Q2, the A4 being top of the list because it is such good value for money with the discount I was getting.

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Oh yes, sorry I think I posted up in the 'another test drive' thread. Lovely drive I had, the engine is sublime, quiet and very refined, even though the car had the stronic that I dislike. There was no sign of the unyealding ride that I experienced in the one day loaner I had and it was very smooth. Donna from the Maidstone branch was a lovely woman and I immediately had a offer for my car £1000 higher than I'd had from anywhere else however I'd found out that to get out of my PCP I still had a to make ten more payments, or give them £3000, something I wasn't prepared to do.
So it looks like I'll have to wait until January now before I place my order, but then the good thing about that is I can get to choose between three cars, the A4, the A3 and the Q2, the A4 being top of the list because it is such good value for money with the discount I was getting.

Hi, just out of interest (and if you don't mind sharing) are the 10 more payments you need to make on your PCP because your car's value is currently less than the settlement figure for your PCP finance and in 10 payments time they reckon you'll have broken even? Or is there some other way your looking to get out of your current PCP deal?

Been looking at the A4 myself but only just over a year into my PCP deal on my A3 Saloon so assuming it will be pricey for me to get out so early....but maybe there are other ways? First time I have gone the PCP route so all a bit new to me....

Cheers

I can pay over £3400 to get out of the deal early but the ten payments left make it 50% of the total amount payable, which is normal. I guess you can pay to get out of the deal early too but it'll cost you..

Ah right ok cheers. So your looking at the voluntary termination route once you hit 50% of the total amount payable.

Probably as the actual value of the car will be less to a dealership or for me to privately sell than the settlement figure. I'll look at the figures again in January, because if I am to order a new car then 8 weeks is probably be about how long the build will take, and see what they are.....

Reactions: robw77