Carwow Drag Race - Post WLTP

D0C

Reaction score
Shocking how slow this TTRS roadster is. Mat Watson agreeing and blaming the GPF.

I think I’ll be avoiding post WLTP TTRS’s and RS3’s...

Reactions: Radman and FBF01
Just watched it before an thought the same thing, be interesting to see the difference between pre facelift, FL and WLTP RS3

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolute disgrace this GPF nonsense robbing cars of sound and performance by the sound of things. May have to go older car when next upgrade happens :-/

TX.

Edit - watched vid now. LC either not used or something has happened to it on new car as the RS should launch like a banshee.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Radman, D0C and Bryant1998
Surely in the wrong mode there. If not the RS has been ruined

Reactions: infernox
Absolute disgrace this GPF nonsense robbing cars of sound and performance by the sound of things. May have to go older car when next upgrade happens :-/

TX.

Edit - watched vid now. LC either not used or something has happened to it on new car as the RS should launch like a banshee.

LC definitely used. 1/2 second knocked off 1/4 mile time by looks of it. I won’t be buying a GPF FL car.

TX.

On a separate note, colleague who has bought GPF’d M5 Competition has no pops or crackles. Does yours @terminator x ??

0.5 sec maybe a lot no? What’s the difference between the RS3 and the TTRS 1/4 times?
On this carwow , the Fl RS3 pre gpf did it « only » in 12.2 sec. ( Versus 12.4 for that cab gpf ttrs)

On a separate note, colleague who has bought GPF’d M5 Competition has no pops or crackles. Does yours @terminator x ??
On the over run, accelerate in 2nd and lift off. Also rev'd from standstill it pops and crackles. Both pretty loud on mine in fact the wife gets annoyed when I do it outside the house :tearsofjoy:

TX.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and NevMan
0.5 sec maybe a lot no? What’s the difference between the RS3 and the TTRS 1/4 times?

I've run alot of comparisons and typically 0.3s between TTRS Coupe / RS3. The cab will be a bit slower than the coupe as it's heavier.

For sake of comparison - my '18 TTRS, which I'm even more glad to have now - ran PB 11.38s when it was stock, and typically 11.5.

LC definitely used. 1/2 second knocked off 1/4 mile time by looks of it. I won’t be buying a GPF FL car.

If this is true reflection then the the gpf rs3 would be doing around a 12.5 sec quarter.....which doesn’t make it shine against its competition.

I did think the launch looked a bit lame though.

I do remember the top gear episode where they raced a McLaren, Porsche and Ferrari, doing several runs, where each of the the cars won a race. Their conclusion was that it all came down to how effectively the car was launched.

Mind you the TTRS wasn’t too quick in the rolling race either.

What I don’t understand is how the car with AWD didn’t take advantage of such by demolishing the others off the line. Unsure on the Alpine, but how have the GTS and the Supra, both RWD, got their nose in front from the line?!?!!! I just don’t get that. Don’t think launch was used properly

Reactions: NevMan
I dont think anything was used, no launch and left in comfort, left in comfort for the rolling race too. There is no way those cars would leave the RS for dead like that.

I always wonder who the other drivers are when they have a line of 4-5 cars racing each other. Is it some hipster cameraman who normaly drive a Toyota prius? or is it some soyboy who has never driven a car with over 100 hp before? The cars that Mat Watson drives is normally winning all the races.

Reactions: Bryant1998
I always wonder who the other drivers are when they have a line of 4-5 cars racing each other. Is it some hipster cameraman who normaly drive a Toyota prius? or is it some soyboy who has never driven a car with over 100 hp before? The cars that Mat Watson drives is normally winning all the races.

I take all those races with a pinch of salt, at the end of the day Matt’s gonna ‘prefer’ whatever car they make more money on or whatever they need to sell more of, their 0-60 times aren’t consistent either. Watch when they do a review 0-60 vs a race 0-60, always changing...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shocking how slow this TTRS roadster is. Mat Watson agreeing and blaming the GPF.

I think I’ll be avoiding post WLTP TTRS’s and RS3’s...

Just bought RS3 sport edition
Previously had 2018 and I’ve found no difference in performance.I think carwow set cars up to fail depending on which car they’re pusghing more on sales

Reactions: Riko0073, Paul finch, Terminator x and 1 other person
These car wow videos (drag races) are just for pure entertainment in my mind. If they wanted to do it ‘proper’ they would be using some data logging equipment like they do in some cases. But if they did that in those races they would be boring and too long.

Doesn’t help that carwow has just got a whole bunch of funding from Daimler AG (parent company of Mercedes Benz).

Reactions: gussyldr, infernox, NevMan and 1 other person
These car wow videos (drag races) are just for pure entertainment in my mind. If they wanted to do it ‘proper’ they would be using some data logging equipment like they do in some cases. But if they did that in those races they would be boring and too long.

Doesn’t help that carwow has just got a whole bunch of funding from Daimler AG (parent company of Mercedes Benz).
I wasn’t aware of that last point. Not exactly impartial in that case, which is a shame.

Reactions: infernox, NevMan and GW1
Carwow went from being a sort of 'other guys' doing some decent tests, so just garbage when they had Yiannimize on. That was when I realised they're just having a bit of fun, but then claiming their 'results' as having some legitimacy (which they don't). Ok to watch, but wouldn't bet your house based on the outcomes.

Yeah, when Mr Ego Yanni started appearing it all turned into a bit of a .... ok whatever channel. Something seriously wrong with that race. Shame nobody replies to the comments on youtube. Maybe they know they are wrong ? Im no Audi fanboy dont get me wrong, but it dont take a genius to realise something aint quite right with that test .

They should race it against the TT-S that trounced the R8 in another vid!

Reactions: Bryant1998