Cars got even worse!!! (with videos)

Wouldn't a failed coil pack show up on diagnostics aswell? this hasn't? and were should I put the ignition amp?

Start the engine and unplug one by one... if it runs worse then thats ok if it runs the same then its probably that one..

The spark plugs didn't feel right when I was screwing them in, I suppose it's possible they're not in correctly, but it's strange how 3 of the 4 are covered in sut and 1 isnt

Can I buy 1 coil pack rather than 4? As I know which 1 isn't firing

Can I buy 1 coil pack rather than 4? As I know which 1 isn't firing

Yes although it's not totally advisable in the long run as the other 3 are still tired so it would be best to change all 4 at the same time.

2 coil packs from TPS were the same as a full set of TFSI one's from Awesome GTi at the time I replaced mine + the adapters (plastic from TPS) = a no brainer

if buying the 1 fixes the issue I'll then buy all 4 but going for the cheap options to wittle down the possibilities

Ordered the part it will be ready for 3 o'clock today I'll get back to you :)

ok thanks :)

Another thing a Red Service lights come on my dash, it was cleared at a garage because the Cars been recently serviced (when I got the new engine fitted) but almost straight away it came back on, could this have anything to do with my issues?

Try swapping the coil packs round first and see if the missfire follows the pack

YYYEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is following the coil pack! and the clean spark plug is now also sutty!! meaning it must be the pack!! so ****ing happy right now haha, hopefully the pack does fix it otherwise I'm going to look a right ****'ed now haha

Thanks lads!!

YYYEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!

The problem is following the coil pack! and the clean spark plug is now also sutty!! meaning it must be the pack!! so ****ing happy right now haha, hopefully the pack does fix it otherwise I'm going to look a right ****'ed now haha

Thanks lads!!

Hope it sorts it for you dude ;)

Reactions: Mi11ar
Keep us posted and a quick note, when you replace it, go for a genuine one, if you go TPS or Dealers, they come with a 2 year warranty.

Its crazy how many issues these ****** coilpacks cause!!!

ok the Cars sorted!! :)

Thanks a million people you have all been great! the mechanic I was using was at a loss and wanted me to spend £200 on a remap, so I'm very happy! :)

1 thing though the Car starts funny and the rev counter bounces to near staling point, so on payday I'm going to give the Car a good self service and replace all of the packs as I can imagine the others are on there way out also.

Last edited:
Reactions: Spatula and kwistof
Got to love a happy ending :beerchug:

ps don't go back to that mechanic again lol

Any idea what the idle problem is all about?

This video is what I made before the Car ****ed up completely and it basically shows the problem that hasn't went away (although the Car is fixed) is it just the fact that the other 3 packs need replacing?

Check your battery is fully charged as mine was a bit funny starting from cold as it looks like it was too low to provide enough amps

Ring Audi to see if your car is on a recall list for coil packs

Reactions: Nilz
back to basics my friends, see if you can get someone to carry out live data no fault codes suggests that the sensors are working, coil packs can start to fail and not flag up a code even on vagcom (happened to me) check fuel delivery, check air delivery and check ignition, sooty plugs are normally due to running rich, over fueling or faulty ignition,

That's a shame they're only cheep anyway, like I said the Cars sorted but I can just feel that there's something not right especially with the revs bouncing all over the place, so I'll replace the last 3 packs and see were that takes me.

What are your opinions on this?

497177 x800

ECS Tuning - 1.8T to 2.0T Coil Pack Conversion Kit - A3 (8L) - Audi - Shop By Car | Awesome GTI

Thinking of getting this aswell since my new sump (cracked my old one) didn't come with the hole for the oil level sensor

ECS/Genuine Tuning Coilpack Wiring Loom Replacement for cars Without Oil Level Sensor - Tuning - Engine - Parts | Awesome GTI

Last edited: