Car's broken :-(

ilim

Reaction score
I have a slight problem! Ive noticed that my car is very rough on idil. It seems like the engine is going to stall but it doesnt. I've ran VCDS and its coming up with

Lambda sensor malfunction, sensor 1 upper limit exceeded,

Oxygen Lambda sensor : Reference Voltage / No Signal / Communication

fueling measure system 2 malfunction: Implausible Signal: intermittent.

I have a full decat exhaust and uprated clutch running with shark stage 1 etc.

My cars done 13k and 3k with the exhaust.

Can these problems be related to the lambda sensor and the decat?

Any solutions?

Ilim

With those results, I would get the car on a ramp and check the connections to both the upper and lower lambda sensors. How they fitted the lower sensor (since there is no cat) I have no idea. Well worth a good wiring check before changing the sensor(s). Good luck.

You may well have an exhaust leak somewhere giving the sensor erratic and incorrect readings.

Mine had done exactly this and if you Google it you'll find plenty of similar reports.

Also check for air leaks elsewhere and check the MAF sensor.

Last edited:
I think once you correct the fueling issue u wont have the lambda issue.

With a dodgy air fuel ratio id assume the car would exceed its upper or lower limit, thats not a failure of the part so much more just an indication to say its getting bad readings. Although i could be completely wrong seeing as u have the 2nd part which says no signal.

You may well have an exhaust leak somewhere giving the sensor erratic and incorrect readings.

Mine had done exactly this and if you Google it you'll find plenty of similar reports.

Also check for air leaks elsewhere and check the MAF sensor.

We have checked all over no leaks present. All the Sparks and Middle Lambda Probe have been changed but its still happening.

We are going to change the front Lambda and fuel pressure valve with the rs4 uprated one.

Alex any other inputs u might recommend to check?

We have checked all over no leaks present. All the Sparks and Middle Lambda Probe have been changed but its still happening.

We are going to change the front Lambda and fuel pressure valve with the rs4 uprated one.

Alex any other inputs u might recommend to check?

What does the diagnostics say,and what sort of fuel/air ratios is it reporting?

What does the diagnostics say,and what sort of fuel/air ratios is it reporting?

004243 - Bank 1; Fuel Measuring System 2 : Malfunction
P1093 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

000304 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1 : Malfunction
P0130 - 001- Upper Limit Exceeded

008771 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Reference Voltage
P2243 - 004 - No Signal/Communication

These are the only Codes im getting, the car sometimes struggles to go up the revs, it cuts of and comes back but when it gets to around 3k revs the car seems fine.

Hope replacing the front 02 sensor and changing the RS4 valve will help.

004243 - Bank 1; Fuel Measuring System 2 : Malfunction
P1093 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

000304 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1 : Malfunction
P0130 - 001- Upper Limit Exceeded

008771 - Oxygen (Lambda) Sensor B1 S1: Reference Voltage
P2243 - 004 - No Signal/Communication

These are the only Codes im getting, the car sometimes struggles to go up the revs, it cuts of and comes back but when it gets to around 3k revs the car seems fine.

Hope replacing the front 02 sensor and changing the RS4 valve will help.

I'm no good with this sort of thing,but the sensor definitely appears to be out.