CarPro Reload & Gyeon Q2M Cure - Same Product?

Bristle Hound

Staff member
Reaction score
Since there has been a lot of discussion on how good Gyeon Q2M Cure is I thought I would bite the bullet and buy some

When the Cure was delivered, a quick sniff and I thought I know what that smells like - CarPro Reload !

Here are my thoughts

The bottle of Reload I have in is also a 400ml sized bottle like Cure
They both smell the same. Strongly chemically type smell
Both the same colour. Milky white
Both 'feel' the same when rubbed between your fingers
Both made in Korea
Both contain SIO2 (glass based silica coating)
Both can be used wet, as a drying aid or dry as a coating
Both can be used as a ceramic coating top up/maintenance spray

Gyeon website info
http://www.gyeonquartz.com/product-guide/q2m-cure

CarPro website (with new improved formula & 500ml bottle)
http://www.carpro.uk.com/reload-inorganic-spray-coating-500ml-2015-edition/

I haven't had a chance to do a back to back test yet but I'm lining up my daughters car bonnet for a test lol

Anyone else have similar thoughts on the Reload & Cure comparison?

FYI @jassyo06 @Scottyg @scotty76

Reactions: NevMan, Scottyg and scotty76
Hope it's not the same BH as I find Reload a bit Smeary and difficult to wipe off. I am now trying to use less product as others on DW say to only apply one spray per panel.
Just ordered some from CYC as they are now a stockist. Ordered Cure and Bath+ and got a bottle of Iron for free

Hope it's not the same BH as I find Reload a bit Smeary and difficult to wipe off. I am now trying to use less product as others on DW say to only apply one spray per panel.
Just ordered some from CYC as they are now a stockist. Ordered Cure and Bath+ and got a bottle of Iron for free
@dolo - Try applying the Reload as a quick detailer when the car is wet. More like a drying aid
It won't give the longevity of applying Reload to dry bodywork but should be easier to remove

This is the way most people apply Cure I'm told

Reactions: scotty76
@dolo How did you get the Iron X for free from CYC when buying them?

Well I've got a wee bottle of Reload with my Cquartz but I need to get a bigger bottle of it or cure for the long term for top ups.

Reading this, is Cure the one to go for?

@ScottishA4B9 here's mine just with Reload. I'm keeping the CQUARTZ for my next car.

Just taken two minutes ago. It last for ages. I top mine up every month. Keeps it looking great.

Reactions: ScottishA4B9
I got a small bottle of reload with my cquartz. It seems quite good, don't know if I should get a bigger bottle or some cure?

I take it you don't need a wax if you use these seleants then?

You don't need one but I do. Built up a few layers since last year of different waxes and sealants. Got this as a recommendation from @scotty76 and not used anything else since.

Bathe+ is a touch expensive to be using as a snow foam.

Remember, the foam doesnt actually wash the car, it just loosens any dirt.

I've only use my bottle of reload once, I'm tempted to try it as a QD spray when car is wet.
When I used it, I sprayed it on a wet car then pressure washed it off, like the CP hydro product.
I'm sure it read somewhere on the CP website you can use it like this?
Not fantastic results this way, but the lazy option.
When my car goes back to the detailer so for a maintenace wash using reset/reload it looks amazing...but I can't getting looking like that.

Having now used both of these I can confirm that on a black car at least Cure is much easier to use. Reload even diluted 1:1 had a tendency to smear. Cure went on and came off a doddle. Very impressed.

IMG 20170216 132716

Reactions: NevMan, Keef, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Having now used both of these I can confirm that on a black car at least Cure is much easier to use. Reload even diluted 1:1 had a tendency to smear. Cure went on and came off a doddle. Very impressed.

View attachment 117684
@scotty76 - Thanks for your thoughts mate :thumbs up:

I still haven't got round to testing them back to back, yet ;) :D

You have to be a certain age for this but.... does anyone else think these products smell like Shandy Bass? :D

Reactions: Keef
So does Shandy Bass! :yahoo:I preferred Top Deck when I was a lad.

Reactions: Keef, scotty76 and Bristle Hound