Facelift CarPlay

Darroch

Reaction score
- doesn't always work for playing music (have to reconnect)
- when navigating through a playlist on Spotify or TuneIn and I click back, it doesn't stick on the item I last clicked on (I have to scroll down again)
- sometimes plays music from phone instead of speakers
- doesn't play wireless

Anyone else got the same problems?

Reactions: ChivsBang
- doesn't always work for playing music (have to reconnect)
- when navigating through a playlist on Spotify or TuneIn and I click back, it doesn't stick on the item I last clicked on (I have to scroll down again)
- sometimes plays music from phone instead of speakers
- doesn't play wireless

Anyone else got the same problems?

Had same issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had same issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I find that once connected to CarPlay it takes forever to list music on the screen but if I select a playlist using my phone it plays immediately.
Quite annoying.

Occasionally happens when I plug the phone in. Switching back to radio, then selecting 'menu'-'carplay' seems to restore normality.

Reactions: Darroch
yeah same here - the annoying thing for me is clicking back on playlists like they mentioned above and having to scroll back to where you were

I think it's one of the worst systems I've used. Not quick and easy at all.

Lots of bugs as mentioned and, if you are on the phone on hands free with the ignition off, after a while it turns itself off, ending your call.

Not quick to get to media from telephone.

Feels like lots and lots of pressing the menu button and scrolling around when switching from the radio too.

Reactions: Darroch
Ah well we're all in the **** boat.

Another thing is not being able to search for a song, artist or album on Spotify. That would be really good if I could voice search.

Confuses me how technology is still lacking compared to other parts of a car

Ah well we're all in the **** boat.

Another thing is not being able to search for a song, artist or album on Spotify. That would be really good if I could voice search.

Confuses me how technology is still lacking compared to other parts of a car
And I think it's not possible to search for a song, artist or album on Apple Music (unless I'm very much mistaken) and that makes it rather pointless...

I've stopped using Carplay and uninstalled it from the system - only way to stop to taking over everything.
I found the menus and interface very infantile to look at - oversized buttons and graphics especially, and prefer the Audi interface, less like playing with junior version of Lego The Audi interface has its problems but at least it looks decent and grown up, and works well

Last edited:
Reactions: WarwickL
Well, it's a far slicker integration than my first multimedia / phone system. You lot don't know you're born. ;)

IMG 4369

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and Peter1201
With you there GSB, I well remember my fathers car with one way conversation only phone installation compete with the black backlit handset and what I thought at the time was an enormous one piece ariel on the back wing.

Still prefer the Audi interface over Carpaly :)

I have the same problems... spotify doesnt work quiet well...

Regards,
Mike.