Carplay keeps disconnecting

Kondax

Reaction score
Few weeks ago CarPlay started acting up. It just randomly disconnects when driving but if I enter connection manager I can select my phone for it to come back up.

Cables don't seem to be the issue neither does the phone as I've updated since then.

Anybody had similar issues? My car's in for a service next Thursday so might ask them about it then. I've also requested the MMI is updated to fix the POI issue on my software version.

Saw this in a colleagues car and it did turn out to be the cable, but might not be in your case if you have tried multiple?

Short of rebooting your phone (this has fixed weird issues for me in the past), try rebooting the MMI by holding both silver selection buttons up and pressing in on the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally
Saw this in a colleagues car and it did turn out to be the cable, but might not be in your case if you have tried multiple?

Short of rebooting your phone (this has fixed weird issues for me in the past), try rebooting the MMI by holding both silver selection buttons up and pressing in on the wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wish it were the cable but three cables in I'm inclined to believe it isn't.. 4th might not hurt though lol.

It's been happening for a while and MMI has been rebooted since then, battery has been disconnected from car etc. Unfortunately still happening quite frequently. Not good when using Google maps when navigating somewhere!

If it were the cable I would think the phone would be greyed out in the connection manager for carplay but it's not. Thanks for the info

Wish it were the cable but three cables in I'm inclined to believe it isn't.. 4th might not hurt though lol.

It's been happening for a while and MMI has been rebooted since then, battery has been disconnected from car etc. Unfortunately still happening quite frequently. Not good when using Google maps when navigating somewhere!

If it were the cable I would think the phone would be greyed out in the connection manager for carplay but it's not. Thanks for the info
Had this happen in my car a few weeks ago, new cable from Audi fixed it.

Had this happen in my car a few weeks ago, new cable from Audi fixed it.
I've tried two Audi cables and a third party cable, but I can try a brand new Apple cable and see if it fixes it

Reactions: Jcbmally
It may not work but had this happen on mine and found the port on my phone to be full of fluff. Try get a pin or the sim remover and see if youve got any fluff in there. Like I say may not work but did for me when I was having this issue.

Reactions: Kondax and maui
It may not work but had this happen on mine and found the port on my phone to be full of fluff. Try get a pin or the sim remover and see if youve got any fluff in there. Like I say may not work but did for me when I was having this issue.

Not a bad idea! I do have an air compressor so I'll give it a blast. I'll also try a new Apple cable as mentioned above.

Thanks for the help everyone

I’m not familiar with the B9 - does it have two USB ports?

I was having issues with my Android dropping the connection to Android Auto - tried multiple cables, didn’t make a difference. Then someone suggested using the other USB port (without the phone icon) It’s worked perfect ever since!

:racer:

Reactions: Kondax
I’m not familiar with the B9 - does it have two USB ports?

I was having issues with my Android dropping the connection to Android Auto - tried multiple cables, didn’t make a difference. Then someone suggested using the other USB port (without the phone icon) It’s worked perfect ever since!

:racer:
It does, that's actually not a bad idea. Huh I guess I'll try that tomorrow then I wouldn't be surprised if that fixes it. Thanks

Reactions: RAF_S7
Not sure if an air compressor would get it or if it may do damage as the mic is around there somewhere (I know from experience) . Try the sim pin first I know this is what apple use when they clean in there.

Not sure if an air compressor would get it or if it may do damage as the mic is around there somewhere (I know from experience) . Try the sim pin first I know this is what apple use when they clean in there.
Shouldn't be an issue as the mic is quite far away on the bottom I believe (used an air compressor before) but doesn't hurt to be safe I suppose, so yeah I'll give the SIM pin a go

Tried a new Apple cable and using a different port. No disconnections yet! Thanks everyone

Reactions: WesT-gefül, Jcbmally, RAF_S7 and 2 others
Happened to me a fair bit. Went through 4 different cables until I solved the problem.

Had the same issue, but went after cable No.2 and has never given me a problem since. The first cable so a cheap one off ebay as I was trying to find something shorter than a standard Apple cable. Now I just use an Apple cable neatly coiled up.