Carpet Protection???

Hi,

I have the rubber mats set in my car at the moment for the winter but have carpet mat set never used which I want swop over to in the summer. My car has the grey interior so it is quite light.

What products have people used to protect the carpet mats or are there any people would recommend?

Cheers,

Chris

Scotch Guard spray is supposed to make fabrics easier to clean should they get wet/dirty - available in spray can for 6.99 from http://www.fabricdyes.co.uk/fabric_design.asp?fabrictypeid=9#info

but i think most folk treat the carpet mats as "consumables" and throw them away when the dirt gets too bad, or in my case, when the heel of my shoe starts wearing the heel pad away (usually once a year) - new mats give the car a little "lift" and its nice to treat yourself to a set every once in a while /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I agree with Steve. I have the Light Grey interior and carpets in my A3 and also I find that I tend to wear a hole with the heel of my right foot in about a year, so I will be buying a new set of front mats each year.

Thanks,

I ordered the Scotch Guard - I'll replace the mats if it wears through.

Cheers,

Chris