Carpet mats

DonkeyIce

Reaction score
Any recommendations for decent carpet mats? And also rubber ones to deal with the slop of this winter!
Mine have about had it and let the interior down now.
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I stick to OEM the others tend to be dross

I am very pleased with the service from Autostyle . I bought a set of Premier Mats from them and received good advice about colour matching.

I still have the Audi Exclusive mats that came with the car. They were badly worn after 32,000 miles and very poor value for £475 (paid by the original owner).

Reactions: DonkeyIce
Audi rubber ones, although after a year they are wearing a little... my old golf ones lasted 10yrs before they wore...

never bother with carpet ones always stick to the rubber

Reactions: DonkeyIce and TheStigOnline
Any recommendations for decent carpet mats? And also rubber ones to deal with the slop of this winter!
Mine have about had it and let the interior down now.
Cheers

Over the years I've experienced so many sets of mats and they rarely last forever, but some are better than others, in Audi's case I've found the following mats to be the best:

- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PREMIUM-...-AUDI-A6-S6-RS6-C7-2011-2018-RHD/302445568688 (full cabin set)

- https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TMM-TAIL...UDI-A6-C7-Avant-Estate-2011-2018/293326503548 (full boot)

The company/brand makes loads of sets of mats for different models and those fit a treat, however, the boot liner isn't a perfect fit and usually requires some minor adjustment during fitting, which is a DIY job.

I stick to OEM the others tend to be dross

Idk about carpet mats as they usually get tossed, but all of the Audi rubber ones I've seen and used to date aren't great either:

- No rest pad/square, so, heels get tired slipping back when resting, especially with boots on ;)

- With motion channels (vertical lines) and low height edges for liquid catchment

- Very expensive for what's being offered Vs. Other more practical options

If designed better, then yes, OEM would be great :)

Reactions: voorhees and DonkeyIce
i mainly use the audi rubber ones now and boot liner, especially with a baby - much easier to clean

I’ve got genuine Audi Rubber mats in mine. Also got brand new carpet mats which have never been used.

I've also got the genuine mats for my A6. I use the rubber mats for 6 month then switch over to the carpet for the summer. Had the car just over 4 years and no trouble with the mats in respect to wear, but I'm always wearing a pair of merrells with a curved heal so I'm seeing very little wear.

Reactions: TheStigOnline
I've also got the genuine mats for my A6. I use the rubber mats for 6 month then switch over to the carpet for the summer. Had the car just over 4 years and no trouble with the mats in respect to wear, but I'm always wearing a pair of merrells with a curved heal so I'm seeing very little wear.
...........same here.

If you haven't already, take a look at travall.co.uk

Jon at Forensic Detailing recommended them and they look decent for winter use. Plug in the OEM connectors too by the looks of them

Reactions: TheStigOnline and DonkeyIce