Carista OBD2

J10NMM

Reaction score
Who else has one and what do you think?

For those that don't know - This

What options do you recommend setting?

I’ve got it & think it’s ok for a basic code reader & you can also enable hidden features on your car. I’ve activated everything I want on my car.

I have one and for what I wanted it for it's been really useful (dial sweep, changing lighting settings, altered heated seat timings, enabled remote boot closing from key, list goes on).

Now I use it mostly for code reading. The dingle can be used in other apps as well (list on their site) which some others can't.

If it's long coding you're after the ODB11 can do that.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

i've got one and carried out similar mods to noisy_lightning - you get all the pro features free for a month as i figured it was probably cheaper than going to see someone with VCDS - plus it's way easier with carista

I have had it since it first came out.
I enabled all the stuff I wanted, oil temp, alarm bleep on lock, plus other bits.
It lives in my arm rest now and comes in handy as a code reader these days for people at work who get error messages.
A very handy thing to own

Reactions: Bulldog
I have had it since it first came out.
I enabled all the stuff I wanted, oil temp, alarm bleep on lock, plus other bits.
It lives in my arm rest now and comes in handy as a code reader these days for people at work who get error messages.
A very handy thing to own

I also bought it years ago so like @CHEZ so am on a different "charging" plan, so @CHEZ - can you still reset the service warning system without needing to pay any more, I've used it for that in the past, but now I believe that my VCDS HEX V2 will want me to "use a VIN" if I want to use my VCDS HEX V2 for that, obviously if I need to fit another battery I'll have to include my car and so "use up a VIN", but until then I'm planning to avoid doing that. My Carista dongle also lives in both cars, so that it is there if needed when "out and about".

Can the oil temp be set so it’s permanently displayed?? I have it within the lap timer but it soon disappears back to default...S3 8P.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also bought it years ago so like @CHEZ so am on a different "charging" plan, so @CHEZ - can you still reset the service warning system without needing to pay any more, I've used it for that in the past, but now I believe that my VCDS HEX V2 will want me to "use a VIN" if I want to use my VCDS HEX V2 for that, obviously if I need to fit another battery I'll have to include my car and so "use up a VIN", but until then I'm planning to avoid doing that. My Carista dongle also lives in both cars, so that it is there if needed when "out and about".

In all honesty mate, I don't know lol.
I have never needed to use that feature so if something has changed I couldn't possibly say mate.
Sorry.
Like said earlier, once I have tinkered with the hidden options set to my liking, unless my car throws a code then I rarely need to fiddle with carista.

In all honesty mate, I don't know lol.
I have never needed to use that feature so if something has changed I couldn't possibly say mate.
Sorry.
Like said earlier, once I have tinkered with the hidden options set to my liking, unless my car throws a code then I rarely need to fiddle with carista.

Thanks for that reply, service time in the summer will reveal all!