1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Carista for US style indicators

Tomaphobia Aug 19, 2020

1. Tomaphobia

Tomaphobia Registered User

Hi everyone,

I’m looking at getting a carista, mainly to get the us style indicators all the time. I will be interested in some other things like needle sweep but mainly for the us indicators.

Carista is on Amazon for £24.99 with a months free subscription which isn’t too expensive if i decides not to use it again as opposed to spending £70ish.

Just wondering if the carista is up to the job/if it’s cheap for a reason? Any help appreciated.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Eren S3

Eren S3 Pretending to know what I'm doing. Silver Supporter

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'm almost certain you can use this for the US style indicators. What car and year is yours? I use VCDS for my S3 2007 but I have a 2007 Mk5 Golf as well and I used Carista to code some features into that as well, one of which were the US style lights.

I still run Carista even alongside VCDS just for ease of carrying that in the car instead of the laptop and cable so I would say it is worth having around for that price.

Hope this helps!

Tomaphobia likes this.
  4. Tomaphobia

ath
    Thanks mate!

It’s a 2011 facelift! You’re right. For that price it can’t come in wrong even if i only end up reading fault codes with it.

5. Eren S3

Eren S3 Pretending to know what I'm doing. Silver Supporter

No worries, glad I could help!

Yeah actually for code reading it's quite good, you can click on any codes that it brings up and automatically brings up any related Google searches too. Let us know if you manage to code the US style lights too!

Tomaphobia likes this.
  6. Tomaphobia

I will! I’ve also posted this on facebook and i think i was confused on what i meant by us lights! i mean just the normal indicators on the xenon lights which apparently isn’t possible :(

7. Matt268uk

Matt268uk A3 Sportback VCDS Map User

Check you have the right module for needle sweep as it's a bit hit and miss if your car will do it.

Tomaphobia likes this.
  8. J0N

J0N Registered User

I’m also a VCDS user but Carista is pretty good. You can do all your little tweaks within the free month and when that’s over you can still scan and clear fault codes. It also works with the apps like Torque and Dash command. I enabled my coming home and leaving home lights (my S3 isn’t equipped with auto lights) and the fog light corner assist. Enabled the needle sweep on my mate’s A4 B8.5 too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tomaphobia likes this.
  9. Tomaphobia

Spot on! hopefully if it doesn’t do any of the things i want some of my mates can benefit from it hahaha