Carista Fault codes...

Deannajade98

Reaction score
So i did a few things via Carista and looked on the diagnose section and there is 4 faults:
Under 'Engine':
Under 'Instrument cluster':
9456128 ECM not authorized.
Under 'Central Electronics':

Now i believe the ECM is to do with Ghost immobiliser i have. Also on the note of things ive done. I did unplug the flaps as i couldnt code them open so again i imagine one is to do with that but google hasnt helped me so far.

I'm not sure what those codes are for, but I do know that carista throws up fault codes for the mods done via carista! so, for example, the Instrument Cluster could be if you have activated Needle Sweep.

21388 and 21399 are the flaps
9456128 is probably the ghost interfering with the engine starting system.
526359 not sure what this is. Usually means an incorrext configuration - possibly a carista tweak which is not compatible with your car.

I'm not sure what those codes are for, but I do know that carista throws up fault codes for the mods done via carista! so, for example, the Instrument Cluster could be if you have activated Needle Sweep.

I think it may have been the pace indicators? that was the only other thing i did as i already have needle sweep - on the dash it does have the management and ESC light on which is the Ghost

21388 and 21399 are the flaps
9456128 is probably the ghost interfering with the engine starting system.
526359 not sure what this is. Usually means an incorrext configuration - possibly a carista tweak which is not compatible with your car.

The only other mod was the pace indicators so i imagine that is something to do with it..

I’ve found Carista can throw a mysterious fault code or two, I’ve got a couple at the moment that VCDS doesn’t see...

It’s a good tool, but I wouldn’t rely on it too much for diagnostics. If the fault code can be googled and bring up an known description I’d look into it but I find my ‘ghost’ faults have no definition of what they are on the usual sites like Ross Tech.